Alabama Kings

holy_mackrel

Alabama Kings

Post by holy_mackrel »

I just got back from Gulf Shores Ft Morgan Alabama and slayed some beast Kings!!! the biggest one came in at 47" at 29.5 lbs!!!
Attachments
IMG_6447_pe.jpg
20140717_162445.jpg
BEAST_KING.jpg
Spot_n_tails1

Re: Alabama Kings

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

nice job, beautifull water behind ya there
holy_mackrel

Post by holy_mackrel »

Yes it is...not quite like a Texas beach :wink:

...if only the gulf stream would reverse its flow...Texas would have all the pretty water and nice beaches!
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

That i agree with fully, but dont want it to end up like florida!!!!!!!
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Richmond/Katy Area - Hobie Outback/ O Peixão Dourado/ The Big Gold Fish

Post by Earth's End Kayaker »

Congrats, very nice KING!

:clap: .... :horse:

Did you fish structure or troll? How far off the beach did you peddle out for him and what was bait used?
holy_mackrel

Post by holy_mackrel »

All those fish were caught slow trolling a cigar minnow on a Sea Striker king fish rig,(http://www.seastriker.com/rigs/rigs_files/kingrigs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) between 100yards and a half mile of the beach.
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Richmond/Katy Area - Hobie Outback/ O Peixão Dourado/ The Big Gold Fish

Post by Earth's End Kayaker »

Nice!!!
Thanks for the info & beautiful report!
EEK

holy_mackrel wrote:All those fish were caught slow trolling a cigar minnow on a Sea Striker king fish rig,(http://www.seastriker.com/rigs/rigs_files/kingrigs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) between 100yards and a half mile of the beach.
spots-n-dots

Post by spots-n-dots »

Mackrel, I am glad someone else here in TX can appreciate MY beach at Fort Morgan. Where have you been staying when you go over? My family owns a 4 bedroom house next to the Plantation. I go over in early May and again in Late August (have to get all the rental revenue during the season). Save my info and I will see if I can hook your rate up for next summer. I will be there the 16th aug - 25th aug. pm me if you get back that way.

Have you fished the fort point for reds? My best so far is 44"
imagejpeg_2_13.jpg
imagejpeg_2_13.jpg (41.1 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
and have witnessed 50 inchers on the dixie bar.

We regularly catch blackfin off the beach (freaks out the family folks:))

FYI the seafood market just as you start down hwy 180 from gulf shores is AWESOME. We get shrimp boil and crab from there at least 3 times a week when we are there.
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Nice report and good looking water kings. Thanks for taking the time to post up.

I will be there in a couple of weeks and usually stick to lures. However, where did you purchase your cigar minnows in Gulf Shores?

Thanks,

Earl
holy_mackrel

Post by holy_mackrel »

spots-n-dots wrote:Mackrel, I am glad someone else here in TX can appreciate MY beach at Fort Morgan. Where have you been staying when you go over? My family owns a 4 bedroom house next to the Plantation. I go over in early May and again in Late August (have to get all the rental revenue during the season). Save my info and I will see if I can hook your rate up for next summer. I will be there the 16th aug - 25th aug. pm me if you get back that way.

Have you fished the fort point for reds? My best so far is 44"
imagejpeg_2_13.jpg
and have witnessed 50 inchers on the dixie bar.

We regularly catch blackfin off the beach (freaks out the family folks:))

FYI the seafood market just as you start down hwy 180 from gulf shores is AWESOME. We get shrimp boil and crab from there at least 3 times a week when we are there.
NICE RED!!!!!! I love that whole area...been going there my entire life. My family owns a place,( very close to the Plantation) so I my weekly rate s are hard to beat :). I usualy go for Memorial Day and the last 2 weeks of July.
I will hit you up with a PM next time I head down...I have a pair of Hobie Outbacks and am always looking for someone to fish with.
holy_mackrel

Post by holy_mackrel »

Earl wrote:Nice report and good looking water kings. Thanks for taking the time to post up.

I will be there in a couple of weeks and usually stick to lures. However, where did you purchase your cigar minnows in Gulf Shores?

Thanks,

Earl

You can get cigar minnows just about anywhere in Gulf Shores. I also like to use lures and I have the best luck fishing a 7/8 ounce Got-Cha ,(http://www.seastriker.com/styled-17/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) for Spanish and Kings.

Enjoy!
spots-n-dots

Post by spots-n-dots »

He Mackeral just a little update...I am a General Contractor and me and the wife have decided to move my business to the Fort Morgan area as of mid October and we will be living in half of the family beach house. So the next time you get over email / PM me as I will be there full time. Pretty excited about the business and fishing!!!!
spots-n-dots

Post by spots-n-dots »

Another FYI....the pines is selling live shrimp now as well so you dont have to rely on the marina.
holy_mackrel

Post by holy_mackrel »

spots-n-dots wrote:He Mackeral just a little update...I am a General Contractor and me and the wife have decided to move my business to the Fort Morgan area as of mid October and we will be living in half of the family beach house. So the next time you get over email / PM me as I will be there full time. Pretty excited about the business and fishing!!!!
That's awesome man!!!! I wish I could move to that area as well,( Florida preferably). I t probabaly wont be until next summer before I'm down again, but I will for sure hit you up and we will do some serious fishing. I will PM you my email addy and such

Tight lines!
holy_mackrel

Post by holy_mackrel »

spots-n-dots wrote:Another FYI....the pines is selling live shrimp now as well so you dont have to rely on the marina.
yeah ...I got some when I was there last...its hit or miss if they have them though