Powderhorn 7-2

IndyKid

Powderhorn 7-2

Post by IndyKid »

I hit up paddlehorn this morning with my dad. Wind was pleasently tame, water was low and slack as we launched at 6am with it starting to come in around 9 or 10. First time really getting to explore and fish the area, concentrated on grassy shorelines with my fly rod and gold spoon. Saw several large flounder go airborne up in the grass, cool sight. Did manage a 23" red on a gold spoon in the grass. Also had some fun chasing down a cork with a fish still on it! Tons of bait in the water all day. CPR only. Activity seemed to completely die by about 11:00-12:00. If anyone's interested in the full report or more pictures check out my blog. http://fishnpaddle.weebly.com/fishing-stories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by IndyKid on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Powderhorn 7-2

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Good stuff. I always forget my casting basket and then wind up with fly line around my feet, stake out pole, grip cleats, and every thing else.
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

Awesome.. I've been wanting to try it out there..
Relaxo

Post by Relaxo »

Cuervo Jones wrote:Good stuff. I always forget my casting basket and then wind up with fly line around my feet, stake out pole, grip cleats, and every thing else.
Thanks for the clarification for a non fly fisherman. I had no idea what that white tray was. :D Thanks for the report
IndyKid

Post by IndyKid »

yeah i just started using the basket, it makes things much much easier!