Chocolate Bay - Windy with a chance of flounder

pescayak

Chocolate Bay - Windy with a chance of flounder

Post by pescayak »

Today I decided to fish chocolate bay throwing gulp and chicken boy lures.

I got to the water at 6:30am and paddled out to my first spot. I had one rod rigged up with gulp and a popping cork and the other with a small weight and some plastic.

I started with my top water set up but didn't have much luck. I reeled it in and put that rod into its rod holder, but for some reason forgot to take the line all the way out of the water.

I then grabbed my rig set up for fishing the bottom and began trying to make the plastic dance (just like the guys on the trout support DVD). I got stuck on some grass so I had to paddle over to release my line. At that point I realized I did not completely reel in my popping cork set up. When I tried to bring it all the way in, I had a nice flounder on! I never thought I'd catch a flounder on a popping cork!!

Shortly after that, the wind picked up to about 20 mph. I fought it for about an hour, but then decided to call it a day.

The lady and I will be eating good tonight!
CptSavAMullet
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Chocolate Bay - Windy with a chance of flounder

Post by CptSavAMullet »

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. :D :D :D
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

Hey you figured out my secret technique!!! It's rough out there. Glad you got one
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

That is my favorite technique on a slow unproductive day. I put a gulp jerk shad on a jig head and troll it all the way back to the launch to see if I get lucky and catch something to wash the skunk. Has worked many times and I just have an easy relax paddle back to get back home.
pescayak

Post by pescayak »

mpg2yahoo wrote:That is my favorite technique on a slow unproductive day. I put a gulp jerk shad on a jig head and troll it all the way back to the launch to see if I get lucky and catch something to wash the skunk. Has worked many times and I just have an easy relax paddle back to get back home.

I like your style!