Galveston Island State Park

Pesky_Red

Galveston Island State Park

Post by Pesky_Red »

Last wednesday, thursday and friday I had the opportunity to take the wife and kids with me to a conference in galveston. Since I would have to be at the conference in the mornings we decided we would leave the kayaks at home and just wade and bank fish at Galveston Island State Park (Bayside). This being our first time to the state park it was more about checking the area out and seeing if this is a place that my wife and kids would enjoy and would like to come back to in the future.

We got to the state park about 1:30pm on thursday and since we had to check in to the conference at 4 we decided we would try our luck at just throwing some gulp and stokers from the walking trail bridges. It was one of those blue bird days with a good amount of bait up in the grass and about 6" of water clarity and at the time a slack tide which equaled no fish for us but we still managed to have a great time. Plus Landrys had us covered for Dinner. :D

Thursday we headed back out to Gisp after lunch and picking up some live shrimp we where wading by 2:00 with the same type of conditions as the day before but the water clarity was little better. We managed to get a piggy perch, 1 whiting and a Stingray complaments of my wife :wink: and a ton of great memory's. After about six hours of fishing and playing the kids where worn out and wanted to go eat and head back to the hotel pool. We headed back to home friday morning but we will be headed back to the park soon next time with the kayaks
Attachments
Wade Fishing Gisp Bay.JPG
Stingray Gisp Bay Bridge.JPG
Piggy Perch Gisp Bay.JPG