Been lazy but theres a good bite...Everywhere report...

AcousticTennis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Been lazy but theres a good bite...Everywhere report...

Post by AcousticTennis »

Well I've been absent for a while! I find myself traveling around more than fishing these days. Heres what I've been up to!

About 2 weeks ago I was in Dallas. Decided to hit up purtis creek. The water was GLASS so paddling the little native around wasnt too bad.

The full moon was out that night so fishing was terrible slow. Armed with a silver rattle trap I kept plugging away hoping for something. I managed a bunch of little guys and this lone slot bass.

I came back in town for the casting for a cause tournament. If you missed it then you missed out! Its a AWESOME tournament and its always a blast. I had no time to prefish for it so it was all on the shoulders of my teammate AJ.

It didnt take long for some redfish to come out and play.

Image[/URL

I picked up two back to back. Not the size I was looking for but we were on the board! After a while I ran out of bait and we decided to get some more.

[url=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/JurassicParkAngler/media/DSCN0380_zpsfe5d8a8f.jpg.html]Image

When I turned back around to where I was fishing I found several boats making themselves comfortable. After a while they moved off and I set up shop again only to have the boat "capt. Wacko" run 10 yards in front of my right on top of my line. Thanks for that!

After a bit of a rage we moved spots a few more times and after a few upgrades we decided to call it a day. We felt pretty good about weigh in but we got off the water a little late.

Our last redfish was our biggest so if we left early we wouldnt have caught it. Anyways! With a hour to make it to the weigh in we took off only to get stuck behind someone pulling the worst junk boat I've ever seen. Turned a 30 minutes drive into 50 minutes.

Long story short we rolled up to the pavilion just a minute or two late with enough fish for fourth place. Its all good though since this tourny was all about THE CAUSE!

The next day I get a call from my buddy for a fishing trip. He hasnt seen the water in a long time so we had to make a meat haul.

It got a bit drummy that night with a good bite and strong winds. We also managed a few big croaker. By big I mean I had a 20" croaker the other night and a ton of 18'ers.

All in all the fishing has been great if you have the will to fight the wind! Im still looking to make a offshore trip this year that doesnt involve rolling swells to 5'.

Ill be back on the water soon enough.
Till next time
Life is good
-Tino
MagicYaker

Re: Been lazy but theres a good bite...Everywhere report...

Post by MagicYaker »

Nice report bruh! Hope to fish 4th of July weekend with ya!
redfin21

Post by redfin21 »

Good catches! Winds have been tough but it can be rewarding if anyone wants to work those shoulders. Congrats and TFTR.
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Johnny5455 »

Great report! Thanks for sharing.
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

Great report broski, were those croaker in the typical drum hole? I bet a 1 oz weight would have slowed Mr. Wacko down a bit.
lurejunkee
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by lurejunkee »

WTG Tino, you have have a "saltwater hit" on you!