12th day smells like a skunk, on the fly

GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

12th day smells like a skunk, on the fly

Post by GoDoe »

Today, Sunday, was my 12th day out of the last 13 to fish out of Aransas Pass. The wind was howling, which has been about par for the course, but also there was very little sun today. We hit the water at 8:30 hoping for some light to see some fish in an area of the LHL that we had fished thru yesterday late. The sun really never made it's presence felt and as I poled the kayak along all I really accomplished was to bump a few fish out of their resting places. Having said that I did manage to see and get good casts off to 3 reds. The barely noticed my fly then turned their noses and moved on.

We threw in the towel about 1:30 and decided it was a good day to do laundry! Should have just slept in and gone bowling....................

John
vinny

Re: 12th day smells like a skunk, on the fly

Post by vinny »

Hope things turn around for you.. Hard to beat mother nature when she's angry.. Good luck
jrodriguez21

Re: 12th day smells like a skunk, on the fly

Post by jrodriguez21 »

It was rough today brotha. I took the PB out today and only caught a few trout all with in an inch too small. My buddy sent me a text that he wasn't having much luck in his PB as well. Good luck out there...