Secret to finicky trout bite.

Asherb

Secret to finicky trout bite.

Post by Asherb »

I know everyone always says match the hatch but last night I matched it as perfectly as you possibly can. Came up on a few lights at night with a lot of good size trout in them. I threw everything I had in my arsenal and couldn't get anything to hit my arties. I recently purchased a new net with small holes so I scooped up some baitfish that were in a light and simply put them on a small treble with no weight. The next light I saw a good trout in I waited for it to come close to the surface and put the 1" shad right in its face. Tada!!!!! Fish on!!!! Worked like a charm and this way you can pick and choose which fish out of the light you want. I'll post pics of my success later, but this method worked well for me.
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Secret to finicky trout bite.

Post by mpg2yahoo »

Live bait is the only thing that has work for silver lately. Gold is easy to have with lures still. Just use tandem rigs.

Good stuff asherb.
chasing-slimy-tail

Post by chasing-slimy-tail »

Lol I think your missin a few fish in your report.....how long where you smiling on your way home?
Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

Glad you found the key to success
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

THAT IS matching the hatch... Nice!
Asherb

Post by Asherb »

Well I forgot to take pictures before taking the fish to work and letting the boys turn them into ceviche an tacos so here is the full report. Launched from the old fat boys ramp around 12:00am. The wind was very light from the nw so I decided to head straight to the south side of tiki. First light I came to was an overhead white light on a house that was located on the inside of a "v". The tide was just starting to come in and it was pushing everything this direction. First cast with a pearl gulf swimming mullet I hook and land a nice fat 21" flounder. Stayed put for a few more minutes and picked up 2 more flounder at 18" and 19". Moved on to the first set of canals and never went further. Picked up 1 21" red blind casting to a solitary light. The trout I picked up in the manner mentioned above ranged from 18"-23". Left that canal around 4:00am and stopped by that first light and picked up another flounder at 21". Got back to the launch around 5:00. It was nice meeting chasing slimy tails and talking shop. We'll have to hook up and catch some fish one day. Best night of fishing I've had all year. Wind light around 5mph from the northwest. Temp 70-water temp roughly the same. Visibility very poor. Tide incoming.
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Johnny5455 »

Well done, thanks for sharing!
yakinthebox

Post by yakinthebox »

You didn't say it was a Texas Slam kind of night!!! What a great night of fishing! WTG!!!