77 STRAIGHT days of Fishing COMPLETED !!!!

MagicYaker

77 STRAIGHT days of Fishing COMPLETED !!!!

Post by MagicYaker »

Recently capped off a 17 straight day fishing marathon in honor of my late Gramps. Had to stop this past weekend for a wedding trip to New Jersey. I probably could of kept the streak going but would of had to get freshwater only fishing license for up there. No salt water license's are required, wish that was the same down here. Anyway starting back up for 77 straight days of fishing in honor of my Gramps. Wish me luck.

5-25 Took my Cuda out to a local bayou in Kingwood and landed about a 2-3lb LMB on Lake Fork Hyper worm shad colored Texas rigged. So much action out there was getting tails bit off left and right. Switched to a green YUM senko worm Texas rigged and WHAMO landed this huge PIG! proceeded to think why I didnt have a scale....oh well picked one up today. Easily 5lbs, and definately my PB for LMB on a yak. Started to get late so headed home.

5-26 Went out to a local pond to do some bank fishing and hauled in 2 Little guys and 2 1-2lb'ers. Definitely picking up for me anyway.

All were caught using REVO inshore with 15 lb braid on Gander Mtn. Vortex Rod.
Attachments
#3-7
#3-7
PIG!!!
PIG!!!
Fish # 1
Fish # 1
Last edited by MagicYaker on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagicYaker

Re: 77 STRAIGHT days of Fishing

Post by MagicYaker »

Another pic of the HAWG!
Attachments
IMG_1875.JPG
Ronny

Post by Ronny »

Nice, glad someone is getting in some time on the water . best of luck to you on your next marathon
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Ronny wrote:Nice, glad someone is getting in some time on the water . best of luck to you on your next marathon
Thanks Brutha!
CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

WOW! What a tribute to Gramps! Even though it is not I, it makes me proud! My grandson was one of the 10% of the fisherman that catch 90% of the fish. I am blessed for having the opportunities to fish with him. What a fine young man you are paying tribute to your Gramps!!!?............cC
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

17 or 77?
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Tombo wrote:17 or 77?
77. Had to stop this past weekend, so I am starting back up.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

5-27

Not much to report. Went bank fishing at East end park trying to avoid the rain. Managed a few bites but nothing to show for it. Started raining pretty heavily so called it quits. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to take yak out.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

CopanoCruisin wrote:WOW! What a tribute to Gramps! Even though it is not I, it makes me proud! My grandson was one of the 10% of the fisherman that catch 90% of the fish. I am blessed for having the opportunities to fish with him. What a fine young man you are paying tribute to your Gramps!!!?............cC
Thanks! He is definitely looking down from the great beyond! Hope to one day fulfill his dream of fishing in Alaska.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

5-28

Launched at Ponderosa around 1130. Finally stopped raining. But the fish were still scared of all the thunder an lightning that wasn't there cuz they sure weren't biting ANYTHING I was throwing. Tons of bait fish action but nothing I threw shad colored or shaped netted any results. Oh well there is always tomorrow. Hopefully I will have better luck!
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

5-29

Had to get some MOJO back so went to a spot I have had recent luck at. Caught 2 nice bass and 2 juvies...I wish i could have action like this on the water instead of bank fishing but I am not complaining when I am catching fish.
Attachments
IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1886.jpg
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

5-30

Headed out to do some more bank fishing and got my first video catch. I will upload later, but here are some pics of today's catch!

Chartreuse Boo Yah Pond Magic spinnerbait revo inshore 30lb braid vortex rod.
Attachments
IMG_1896.jpg
IMG_1892.jpg
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

5-31

Keep trying to post report and video but I am unable to....So report is went bank fishing with Tennessee Slim and we both managed nothing will try to figure out why I cant upload vid.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-1

Did some more pond fishing and landed first and only fish of the day on second cast. fininshed installing my Fish Finder and Im letting the marine silicone dry 100%. So yak was out of commision today. Can't wait to get it out and test it!
Attachments
IMG_1904.jpg
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-2

Quick trip to the pond and only snagged a couple bites. Waiting for myarine bond to dry on fish finder before intake yak out.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-3 Day 9

Well I was hoping to get out in test my FF today but dentist appt. and truck service kept me busy. Managed some pond time and results were horrible. No bites and I didn't even get to fish that long. Kind of feel like I'm cheating today but at least I got out there. Hope you guys are enjoying this thread even if there are not many responses. It keeps me motivated to continue and looking back in the future I will have something to remind me of this time frame in my life.
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Johnny5455 »

Keep it up brutha!
deleon23

Post by deleon23 »

You just keep doing your thing bro, we'll keep reading! :wink:
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-4 Day 10

Went out to my 'Honeyhole" and manged 5 of these little guys in about 30 min...It was pretty unfair I had 30lb braid and my Revo inshore. Gonna have to get lighter tackle to make it more fair LOL. Thanks for the feedback
Johnny and Deleon. I will be Yaking for sure Friday somewhere around Kingwood if anyone is down. LMK if interested.

Grande Bass baby rattlesnake Revo inshore 30lb braid vortex rod.
Attachments
IMG_1921.jpg
IMG_1923.jpg
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

The "Old Man" doing his thing!
Attachments
1476254_10203527669418988_362190052_n.jpg
1476254_10203527669418988_362190052_n.jpg (46.53 KiB) Viewed 8001 times
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-5 Day 11
(Look at the color on this fish, definitely the lightest LMB I have caught.)

Well I finally got to take my yak out and test my FF. Everything worked great. The wind kind of put a damper on the fishing (trying to go for catfish to have a fish fry) but only managed a baby blue. Going out dark and early tomorrow AM Bens Branch bayou with a buddy. Hopefully I can pull another monster from there again and be able to weigh it.

I hopefully will get a fish count going as well. I take pictures of pretty much everything except when I am having difficulty removing hook, don't want to harm the fish.
Attachments
IMG_1928.jpg
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-6 Day 12

My buddy asked if he could partake in day 12 action and being as we were both work less today I obliged. Hooked him up with a Texas rigged Grande Bass Rattlesnake weightless and he caught 2 little guys right off the bat. I was throwing a shad crank bait and managed 1 small LMB. Fished for about 2 hours and then headed back. Gonna do some bank fishing tonight and hopefully land some catfish!
Attachments
IMG_1930.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-7 Day 13

Took my neighbor out on his new Cuda 12 today so he could test the waters. He got a literal sliming as he caught a blue catfish. I managed to hook one LMB and then he proceeded to throw the hook. Hopefully I will be getting my Ctug today and will finally be all rigged up to go wherever! Will post today's report tonight.
Attachments
IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_1968.JPG
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-8 Day 14

Had major swim meets to day as my son made the allstar team so big plans for going to a great fishing spot are put on hold for the next few weekends. I did hit up my "honeyhole again" and attempted to get some footage. I got one fish couple minutes in and proceeded to take a picture of it. Well I switched the camera to the front and didnt switch it back. So the next 5 videos I got, all of which had some great footage, were all of the background. Oh well...
Attachments
IMG_1976.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.03.59 AM.png
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

6-9 Day 15

Went out right as the rain was coming in on North Houston. Soon as I got my bait rigged down came the rain. I left my "honeyhole" to travel farther east hoping to get in some action where it wasn't raining. Manged about 15 mins of fishing and hooked one. I was so distracted by the lightning and storm coming in that I didn't set hook really hard and lost the fish when he jumped. I gave up and left as it was about to pour at that location too.

I let the storm pass and decided to head back put to the "honeyhole" with my son and try to get him to hook up with a bass. He hooked one and I told him to set the hook and he did....after he set the hook the initial time. So the line snapped and fish was gone. Re-rigged him up with 8lb braid light tackle and WHAMO! Landed his first bass, a 3.11 lb'er. I was super stoked for him. I was really impressed with how he handled the situation. He realized he wasn't gaining any ground on the fish as the drag was dragging out so he backed up and I helped him with the drag situation. Landed the fish and asked him if he wanted to hold it, he tried but then dropped it saying he was a little freaked out lol. Managed to get him to take a pic holdin it on the scale. Very good day of fishing!
Attachments
IMG_1996.jpg
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2007.jpg