5/24 caught a few!

HawgLife
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

5/24 caught a few!

Post by HawgLife »

Met up with bobby at about 530-6 to try our luck on some tops in a marsh area looking for reds right before sunset without much luck, spooked a few big reds, but nothing wanted what we had on the menu. We decided to head to our spot that we would be night fishing at out of anxiety.
Manny and nhan met us out therelater that evening.
We were throwing live shrimp, since that's all the fish wanted to bite, we all caught tons of fish.
Personally I caught 7 specs to 17", maybe next time they will grow a bit :)
I also caught several undersized specs and rat reds that were just 1/4" short of the slot, but fought like true brutes!

I was the only one out of the whole group to not catch a damn slot red haha oh well can't win em all, didn't wanna out fish the other guys that badly anyway!

Conditions were ideal, wind was a little gusty, but coulda been worse, and the temp of water and air was nice.
Moon was hidden behind clouds for most the night.

Big shout out to Laguna rods, I literally could feel a shrimp pop under the water.
The trouts bite was very subtle. So the very sensitive laguna helped me to feel every tiny nibble, I feel that made a huge difference for my fishing success that night.

Boat got stuck, pre memorial drunk morons.

tguff

Re: 5/24 caught a few!

Post by tguff »

Nice work! :clap:
HawgLife
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by HawgLife »

Thanks, it's not a TGuff report, but it's something... Not sure if my stringer pic came up...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401042653.887510.jpg
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

It was definitely fun as always to get together with the rest of the team. Dinks and rats everywhere. Lost track of time next thing we know it was sunrise. I personall caught 10 + rats 18"-19". Felt bad for one cuz it had swallow the itty bitty treble hook so I cut the line and hopefully it'll live a little longer rather than my rip it's guts out trying to get the hook out. Caught about 15¥ dinks. Yea Way too much bait out there still. I'm no expert so the fish just looks at my jerk shad and laugh at it so I a resorting to live shrimp for now. All my reds were 23inch fat ones. 15.5 and a 17 inch fat trout. Too bad fish were small or else all of us would of limit out on trout in 15mins. To tell you how much fish there was , we were just trolling around for fun with the shrimp and catching dinks on accident. All fish on live shrimp and itty bitty treble hooks. Maybe next time you'll beat me Joey. Lol!!! You did good.
Attachments
image.jpg
b0okevin

Post by b0okevin »

Congrats :clap:
HawgLife
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by HawgLife »

Lol Nhan, keep telling yourself I didn't out fish you, we all know the truth.
nhantech

Post by nhantech »

The proof is in the stringer!! Lol
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Nice catch guys.
504boy

Post by 504boy »

Lol that is true Nhan.. hawg how u and manny keep letting Nhan no fishing self beat yall? I used to tear his butt up.. :horse: lol congrats on the fish fellas :clap: :clap: :clap:
TX-Matador

Post by TX-Matador »

The pic of the power boat was awesome. Did you offer to tow them out? :mrgreen:
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

Just a quick glimpse to kayak fishing at night. On the orange WS-R115 I was fighting winds of 15 mph with gusts of 20 mph, so I had to tie a line in the fishing piers at times not to be blown out of position. That night I did a double hook on two 20"+ redfish on a single cast. After that I did not see more fish on the lights and call it quits soon after. Realize how much space I have with the PA14 compared to the WS Ride 115 and what and awesome fishing machine the PA14 is for night fishing.

On the rest of the videos is a medley while fishing the lights in the island with Nhan, Bobby, and Joey. One of the nights it was quite a workout. I felt my legs burn trying to get back to the launch with 30+ mph winds. Worse than covering 12-15+ miles of kayak fishing at night the next Friday.

On some of the videos you can really watch how much bait we are competing against to entice the speckled trout to bite. Even with live shrimp it is hard for them to focus on the offering.

Reds are easy to come by once they show at the lights. They will eat anything you throw at them, but it has to be very visible like tandem rigs because if not they will just eat from the buffet at the lights.

Have lost 3-4 good redfish because I used snap swivels to be able to change the lures quickly to find what they wanted. On one cast with a tandem VUDU shrimp rig I double hook and it lasted less than 4 seconds before they snap the swivel.

On one water canal I hooked the biggest red of the night and I try to muscle him out because he wanted to hide under the piers and had several dashes to his hiding hole. Needless to say the swivel fail me again. Seems I need to stick to uni-to-uni to land my big fish.

If you find 3 redfish with either a VUDU shrimp hooked on their mouth or a single hook with a red bead those are my fish. Let me know when you find them and I will pick them up. :lol:

We are getting close to 7th place. Only 15 more points to tie to "The Texas Hooksetters". I'm surprised that not many registered tons of catches this Memorial Weekend with the extra time to wet a line.

There were a ton of dinks caught. My best speck of the night was a 19.5" and two 21" reds that I gave out to Joey for his fish fry as I did not wanted to clean fish during the weekend. Especially after doing 12-15 miles and having 10+ hours of night fishing. My energizer batteries were depleted and charging all Saturday long.

The video is not that great as I was fooling around with correcting my new Sunny'D Light 4.0 4x4 Off-Road Edition and my PVC camera holder was being tuned up or I used a hat and you know how the camera moves out of focus without you knowing. Will find the right angle soon.

Great fishing with you guys as always. We don't have many crazy Asian TKFers willing to do 7 mile trips even less 12-15 miles trips like crazy Ol' Nhan. Bobby is getting there as long as we toss a line on high winds and give him a tow. Last, but not least, Joey is finding time to live the dream instead of reading the dream while Nhan, Bobby, and myself are having fun on the water. Probably will be going out more now that he almost limit on trout. :lol: