finally salty

Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

finally salty

Post by Throttlehead250 »

since duck season ended ive made it to the salt a few times. mostly out of my home waters. I finally got to get back to my green and brown Galveston bay complex that i love so much. Last weekend we headed out for a multi-day trip. Saturday the cool front blew in and we only caught a few fish, but nothing to write home about.

sunday turned out to be an awesome day, catching a dozen trout to 19.5in and one nice flounder. all CPRed back into west bay-ish area

it was a great day fishing with familiar faces and good company.
IMG_20140216_094927.jpg
IMG_20140216_024813.jpg
Erock

Re: finally salty

Post by Erock »

Looks like you never missed a day! We had to fish Saturday, but I wish we could have gone Sunday, much better conditions!
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Erock wrote:Looks like you never missed a day! We had to fish Saturday, but I wish we could have gone Sunday, much better conditions!
sunday was definitely the day where we were. still a little windy for it to be a REAL nice day, but a good day none the less.
RedsOnRiot

Post by RedsOnRiot »

Good seeing you this weekend, glad we could get salty!
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

RedsOnRiot wrote:Good seeing you this weekend, glad we could get salty!
ya man good times.
Erock

Post by Erock »

Hey Throttle, is that an older Prowler Trident 15'? It looks identical to mine. And I can't complain about Saturday, we did real well but it was a slower steady grind. The last three times we went we hammered them in a short predictable window. A little front came in Friday night and slowed them down a bit.
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Erock wrote:Hey Throttle, is that an older Prowler Trident 15'? It looks identical to mine. And I can't complain about Saturday, we did real well but it was a slower steady grind. The last three times we went we hammered them in a short predictable window. A little front came in Friday night and slowed them down a bit.
its a 2011 trident 13. love this boat. even though i treat it like garbage it never lets me down on any adventure! ya i hadnt been out in awhile so i didnt know what the action was like. but i noticed that that front friday kinda pumped the brakes on the bite a little.
Erock

finally salty

Post by Erock »

Mine is a Prowler Trident 15, it is a beast! I love it, pretty beat up but solid. My buddy I fish with a lot got the Cuda 14 and he is much stronger than me but I leave him pretty easy, much faster, but that Cuda is awesome, it's a Cadillac and not slow, the long Trident is just fast. I think mine is an '09
Throttlehead250
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Erock wrote:Mine is a Prowler Trident 15, it is a beast! I love it, pretty beat up but solid. My buddy I fish with a lot got the Cuda 14 and he is much stronger than me but I leave him pretty easy, much faster, but that Cuda is awesome, it's a Cadillac and not slow, the long Trident is just fast. I think mine is an '09
very cool! i love the OK line that is similar to these boats. my next boat will probably be an ultra of some sort probably a 4.3