5/15-5/16 Time on the water and no more...

mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

5/15-5/16 Time on the water and no more...

Post by mpg2yahoo »

:? Last Saturday night I decided to wet a line after a couple of lowsy weeks of cold fronts and bad weather. With my gear tossed on the back of the truck I headed out to the g-town causeway ready to cheat my way to fish with some dead shrimp.

The g-town bait n tackle was closed, so I drove down the road and got some dead shrimp to see if there was something under the sea that would bite that night. After getting back to the launch at the causeway there were two more PB's coming out of the water. Put all the stuff in the yak and launched by 6:30pm with the last set of day light fainting on the horizon. went under the causeway and there were no PB's or kayaks there to keep company. Fished all the columns from the g-town side all the way to the middle of the bridge looking for deep water. Not a single bite! Around 8:30pm I packed my stuff and headed back to Clear Lake to test some underwater lights.

I launched around 9PM and headed out to the usual place. The night was about 54 degrees and mild winds in the 10 mph or less. Tried all the first set of lights until 11:30pm. Not a single bite or shadows all the way back on the house canals. There were small baitfish but nothing else.

Not a single bite or thump on the line. Packed my stuff and went home to sleep.

Next day my wife told me to go out and take the kid fishing. Went to Texas City Dike and got a pound of dead shrimp. about 1 hr later and no shrimp eaten I dediced to pack and go get some food for the starving kid and myself.

Day/Night fishing has been futile for me the last 2 times out. I was able to catch a 18.5" rat red in West Bay on February 1st, but from that time forward nothing has moved my line or bother with it.

Looking forward to warm weather and fish to move back to the area. Heck I'm ready for some BTB as well!
Attachments
20140201_031949418_iOS.jpg
Kingz
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: 5/15-5/16 Time on the water and no more...

Post by Kingz »

Its comin Manny, good times...its comin...G
kmurf91

Re: 5/15-5/16 Time on the water and no more...

Post by kmurf91 »

The lights in clear lake area have been pretty slow too . Ready for summer and balls of reds and trout to be cruising through the lights lol