Pierce/Causeway 2/15 morning and afternoon

Work2Fish

Pierce/Causeway 2/15 morning and afternoon

Post by Work2Fish »

Hey Guys,

Fished both ICW & Pierce with no success. Thought high tide was supposed to be in the AM, but water was lower when we headed out than when we returned. Water at ICW was a nice green but just too cold and too clear...no bait to be found. Pierce later in the afternoon had a little less clairty (2-3 ft). Actually saw some jumping mullet and a smaller sheepshead leap out of the water but was unable to catch anything more than grass. Woke up late and my original plan for Confederate got changed, wonder if anyone had luck there? Did almost lose my rods at the RR bridge. Saw some nice structure and it was my first time to both spots so calling it more of an expeditionary paddle than anything. Saw lots of yaks at Louis' bait camp---anyone else slime their boat?
statebucket44

Re: Pierce/Causeway 2/15 morning and afternoon

Post by statebucket44 »

I managed a 19" spec just outside of Pierce marsh on that day, but other than that I didn't see anything. I'm hoping later in the year with warm weather the fish will get back into the marsh. Lately, there have been very scattered pockets of trout around the bridges or in what looks like 2-3' of water around that area. And, I've actually had more luck with my SSJr than chickenboy shrimp of late which is confusing.
stuman

Post by stuman »

I was out there that day. Got on the water about 7:30 and was off by 3. Landed one rat red that went about 15" and had one other thump but I never felt a fish. Water level still isn't where it needs to be for that place to be productive IMO. Did a lot of exploring and saw some good shell that I will fish when the water levels come back up. I ended up loosing my anchor after it got snagged on somthing. Messed with it about 20 mins and gave up and decided to call it a day.
Old Skool Hookers
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Old Skool Hookers »

Pierce Marsh is a very hot spot during mid March til about late October. (depending where you go) There is one small dead end cut that ALWAYS produces 22"+ red and sometimes 2. Other than that you just have to keep fishing until you find your area of Pierce. Fish the drainage on an outgoing tide and look for scared bait fish. Remember if you spot tailing Reds to cast at least 1-2' past them to keep from spooking them.

Next month I will start getting back out kayaking and posting more on a regular basis and will post up if you wanna meet up or something. Until then.......

Tight Lines and Bent Rods
Work2Fish

Post by Work2Fish »

Old Skool Hookers wrote:Pierce Marsh is a very hot spot during mid March til about late October. (depending where you go) There is one small dead end cut that ALWAYS produces 22"+ red and sometimes 2. Other than that you just have to keep fishing until you find your area of Pierce. Fish the drainage on an outgoing tide and look for scared bait fish. Remember if you spot tailing Reds to cast at least 1-2' past them to keep from spooking them.

Next month I will start getting back out kayaking and posting more on a regular basis and will post up if you wanna meet up or something. Until then.......

Tight Lines and Bent Rods
For sure always looking to learn new spots and new techniques, thanks!