6/27/2011

CARS

6/27/2011

Post by CARS »

HAD A HALF DAY OF WORK AND FULL DAY OF FISH. LOL. LIFE GET BETTER EVERY SUMMER DAY. FISH ON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by CARS on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: HIT THE MOTHER LOAD (KEMAH FLATS) 6/27/2011

Post by surfpunk »

watch out keeping those undersized reds man, i noticed a few you have there,,, reds have to be between 20 and 28in. in the slot. just a friendly reminder. with your fishing license you get the outdoor annual which lists the size limits on game fish.

8)
Last edited by surfpunk on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by M T Stringer »

smellyhands
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by smellyhands »

carsautotech wrote:HAD A HALF DAY OF WORK AND FULL DAY OF FISH. LOL. LIFE GET BETTER EVERY SUMMER DAY. FISH ON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah..... I was ready to give you a big "nice stringer, man!" until the second poster pointed out the undesized reds. I see four that are clearly undersized. No excuses for that. It's BS and I wish a game warden had caught you.

I've taken a picture of this screen and will happily send it along to operation game thief when I get off work.

Maybe we're wrong. Maybe you have the world's biggest tailgate.

UPDATE:
carsautotech originally had a nice picture posted showing at LEAST four illegal fish (the very small reds). After several of us called him on it, he pulled the picture and changed his story to "they were alive when I took the picture and were released".

So... here's the original post:

And a close up for your viewing pleasure:

It's clear to me all of those fish went home with him. Keeping rat reds is probably such a common thing for him that it literally slipped his mind when he posted the picture here.

Keeping the small fish was dishonest and unsportsmanlike and illegal. Posting the picture was unintelligent. Removing it when confronted was cowardly. Lying about it all and implying that those who were offended are acting like children is douchey.

As stated above and later, I'm forwarding this to the TPWD. I doubt they'll do much because they have a lot to do. However, maybe they'll keep an eye out in Kemah for an auto mechanic who drives an older red truck and fishes out of a lime green kayak who likes to keep undersized fish.
Last edited by smellyhands on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
ArmyYak

Post by ArmyYak »

Not cool dude. Were you gonna starve to death if you didn't keep those little guys?
CARS

Post by CARS »

THE SMALLER REDS WERE RETURN UNHARMED TO THE WATER A SOON AS THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN. THEY WERE LIVE AND WELL THEY KEPT JUMPING AROND WHILE I WAS TAKING THE PICTURE. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERNS. ONLY KEEP THE 2 BIGGER OF THE REDS.
wandering wader

Post by wandering wader »

not cool dude!!!
ArmyYak

Post by ArmyYak »

Hmm...
wandering wader

Post by wandering wader »

IF the undersized reds were returned OK. Problem is the door for speculation is open and that refects on all of us.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

carsautotech wrote:THE SMALLER REDS WERE RETURN UNHARMED TO THE WATER A SOON AS THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN. THEY WERE LIVE AND WELL THEY KEPT JUMPING AROND WHILE I WAS TAKING THE PICTURE. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERNS. ONLY KEEP THE 2 BIGGER OF THE REDS.
Next time so there's no confusion when you take a picture of them, take it in your lap or have someone take it for you on the water and immediately throw them back in :wink:
CARS

Post by CARS »

WILL DO SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by M T Stringer »

How about some details so that you can salvage this thread and turn it back into a fishing report...

Tide...
Time...
Lures/bait...
Water depth/clarity...
CARS

Post by CARS »

OK DONT TWIST MY ARM. ABOUT 1:00 PM 95 DEGREES. 4 FT OF WATER OUT GOING TIDE. AND SPENT TO MUCH ON LIVE SHRIMP UNDER A POPPING CORK.
ArmyYak

Post by ArmyYak »

Also, if a warden stops you and you're in possession of undersize fish, that's breaking the law. Alive or dead, possession is possession. Just cover your arse.
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by M T Stringer »

carsautotech wrote:OK DONT TWIST MY ARM. ABOUT 1:00 PM 95 DEGREES. 4 FT OF WATER OUT GOING TIDE. AND SPENT TO MUCH ON LIVE SHRIMP UNDER A POPPING CORK.
...I'm not twisting, I asked a simple question...you posted this up under the FISHING REPORT section, not the brag photo section... :horse: :horse: :horse: ...and turn off the caps lock. I don't like being yelled at. :wink:
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by saltykat »

carsautotech wrote:THE SMALLER REDS WERE RETURN UNHARMED TO THE WATER A SOON AS THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN. THEY WERE LIVE AND WELL THEY KEPT JUMPING AROND WHILE I WAS TAKING THE PICTURE. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERNS. ONLY KEEP THE 2 BIGGER OF THE REDS.
Yeah right..........you should know the rules/law before you get on the water and there should never be any undersized fish in your possesion period.
potlicker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by potlicker »

damn LOTTA jr game wardens here eh....
ArmyYak

Post by ArmyYak »

potlicker wrote:damn LOTTA jr game wardens here eh....
One of my favorite childhood memories is watching a known poacher get busted by the game wardens. It's a black and white kind of thing. No gray area. You can poke fun all you want.
grman

Post by grman »

Just for everyone's information: You are risking alot more than a expensive ticket keeping even one undersize fish or one fish over the limit these days with the TPWF. At Pelican last year I regularly saw them load up rods, waders, stringers/doughnets - anything fishing related - and confiscate it. If someone was, lets say in pocession of 10 redfish, I could see them loading up kayaks too.
sssharker

Post by sssharker »

grman wrote:Just for everyone's information: You are risking alot more than a expensive ticket keeping even one undersize fish or one fish over the limit these days with the TPWF. At Pelican last year I regularly saw them load up rods, waders, stringers/doughnets - anything fishing related - and confiscate it. If someone was, lets say in pocession of 10 redfish, I could see them loading up kayaks too.
i wouldn't be surprised if the warden takes a violater's vehicle.
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfpunk »

:horse: i smell BS.
=FISHINATOR=

Post by =FISHINATOR= »

some one post the picture back up i want to see these monsters
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfpunk »

M T Stringer wrote:
carsautotech wrote:OK DONT TWIST MY ARM. ABOUT 1:00 PM 95 DEGREES. 4 FT OF WATER OUT GOING TIDE. AND SPENT TO MUCH ON LIVE SHRIMP UNDER A POPPING CORK.
...I'm not twisting, I asked a simple question...you posted this up under the FISHING REPORT section, not the brag photo section... :horse: :horse: :horse: ...and turn off the caps lock. I don't like being yelled at. :wink:
:clap:
smellyhands
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by smellyhands »

adam17 wrote:some one post the picture back up i want to see these monsters
I've got it. I knew he would take it down so I copied the screen and saved it. I'll repost it when i get home. Also, I am absolutely still sending it to operation game thief. They can do with it what they'd like.

It's an Ahole thing to keep undersized reds. It's also an Ahole thing to lie about it after posting a picture of them.
ArmyYak

Post by ArmyYak »

I saved it on my work computer but it wouldn't let me repost.