TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By photofishin
Two days at Surfside beach at the 5th entrance yielded one 18 inch trout and one 5 ft blacktip.
We started out Saturday morning meeting up with friends who were camping at the beach. I came prepared to fish for sharks and bull reds but when we got there, the birds and the trout were in a frenzy! We watched the guy next to us pull in 3 monster sized trout that weighed about 6-7 lbs a piece. We hightailed it down to the San Luis pass bait store and loaded up with finger mullet. Murphy's law showed up and the birds/trout had left. I did end up catching one 18 inch trout. About 9:30am we kayaked out some cut mullet and I got the first and only bigger fish of the weekend. Rough conditions made it tough to keep a bait on bottom. Sunday we tried San Luis Pass for a couple hours with no success. I'll post the shark photos later when my friend sends me the photo. I did get an awesome sunrise photo with my Blackberry yesterday morning. Who says you can't take decent photos with a camera phone?!
By norm9
We were at the same location saturday at BA5 and landed a big hammerhead at night. We were the camp that had the trailer tower. I think there was a white pickup about 100 yards down from us on the left. lots of bait and birds saturday. sunday was awful.
By dolla
I love sunrise in Surfside, always something beautiful. I'm sharing my Surfside sunrise as well below.
Attachments
Beautiful Morning.jpg
Beautiful Morning.jpg (33.02 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

My, that son of yours has grown. I cannot access […]

I bought a floating and folding measuring board ye[…]

MAP of places to kayak fish in Texas

not sure if someone posted tghis link yet... its a[…]

Sufix 832 braid line on sale

academy had 10lb sufix 832 for 499 for 150 yards o[…]