Tops and Plastics in Port Aransas

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Tops and Plastics in Port Aransas

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Had a good little trip before the rain hit in Port A. Had a lot of topwater action.. lots of blowups, tailing redfish, tailing black drum, and some bonus dink trout. I wasn't after trout, just hunting redfish and I caught a couple tailing drum as well.

Most strikes came off a a super spook jr in speckled trout.. what can I say, I love a good topwater bite. Biggest red came on the GrassWalker in Coastal Gold.

It was very telling as 90% or more like 98% of that flat had zero fish in it. Used exactly what's in the Shallow Redfish instructional video and fished the high percentage areas and was tons of action there. Even made an instructional video about it in our new one on one teaching and instruction section of my new website. pretty cool stuff. Had the most action on the topwater but the bigger red came on the GrassWalker and I will also say that while I had more strikes on top I had an almost inverse hook up ratio compared to the GrassWalker. On the top I missed a bunch of fish and the GrassWalker had only 1 or two missed strikes and bigger fish.

https://troutsupport.com/products/trout-support-lure

If anyone is interested in the new site services hit me up by email
tobin@troutsupport.com
Attachments
TroutSupport.com3.png
TroutSupport.com3.png (183.76 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
TroutSupport.com2.jpg
TroutSupport.com2.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
TroutSupport.com1.jpg
TroutSupport.com1.jpg (58.02 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Tops and Plastics in Port Aransas

Post by kickingback »

:clap: Great report Tobin! Glad to see you are fishing and posting!!!
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

the smiles say it all
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

thanks guys. Yeah, going to try to make it out more... started some new programs on the site and I have to fish and video a lot now, there's so much to do behind the scenes with TroutSupport to keep it all going, many times it's hard to make it down to the coast... similar type thing you guys deal with.. even though it's business related. What we do here is help anglers catch more fish. Period.. many times that means I don't get to fish.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Just wanted to give a shout out to Tobin for the one on one session that we had back in February. Many times it's the subtle things that make a difference between those that catch and those that don't and I can honestly say that the session opened my eyes in several areas. I now approach and work a given area in a different manner than before. I also better understand why we pick certain locations for each season. Still have a ways to go on this (fun) journey up the learning curve but am gaining on it! Good Stuff Tobin....
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks so much Drifting Yak. I appreciate ya.

For anyone else that wants a Big Trout one on one or even a redfish or numbers of trout one on one contact me via email. These are screen share 1 hr. sessions where we'll talk about anything you want to talk about.

email me.. tobin@troutsupport.com.