TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By TrailChaser
Took the day off to check POC, and make a video for my youtube channel since the winds were forecast to be single digit for the day.

The reds were there in good numbers, but the water was so low I couldn't get into my normal spots,. I just spent the day checking out the shorelines.

That paid off with 8 slot reds, including my first double hookup with both being in the slot.

I got some footage on the gopro. Here's a link to the video. https://youtu.be/eWgIIFTR8xU

All were released. #CPR

another view of that pair.

Here's a "Great tools doing work" shot.

Classic Curling a Redfish Pose
By TrailChaser
Thanks guys, I have a blast.

Sideler wrote:Love the pictures and video. What type of camera and head gear mount are you using?

The camera is gopro hero 5 black with a polarizing lens mounted on it. My head hear is just an old hat that I mounted a gopro bracket on with a bolt.

They don't make a decent lens mount for the hero 5 yet, so I made my own out of aluminum.

Here's my hat mount with my old hero 3.
By JDRProductions
Excellent report and great photos. A buddy fished POC last Friday also and hammered reds on his solo skiff. I wanted to do the same yesterday and today but the howling winds kept me from venturing out on the solo skiff.
My return home to the Texas Gulf Coast!

This has been my long anticipated return to Texas […]

2013 Hobie PA 14 w/Trailer

Since I've been asked many times if I'd sell the K[…]

Want to buy used fishing kayak

I'm a kayak fishing guide in search of a backup an[…]

SOLD