Jones Bay Tiki Island Nov 22

MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Jones Bay Tiki Island Nov 22

Post by MobyYack »

GetzSome and I launched around 630 barometer rising from around 30 ...65 degrees, water was cooler than usual, lots of shrimp in the water, temp broke the record by a degree by the time we left (82). Probably could have filled a 5 gallon bucket halfway with small shrimp with the cast net throwing around the grass. Live mullet was never hit despite trolling it everywhere (maybe rigged wrong?? I had it hooked in the nose with a weight below it forcing it to the bottom). Glittery bone gulp swimming mullet was preferential over white and chartreuse catching larger sand trout and some piggy perch but no reds or flounder. My dad hooked a flounder on the public boat dock on dead shrimp and my nephew landed a beautiful speck on the same. We hovered around the mouth of the tiki bridge in 10-15 feet of water and hooked about 15 larger sand trout. Laziness probably lost 10 more ;-) Bite was hot around 10 am.

Big shout out to GetzSome for his first saltwater ride in a yak
lahai1dj

Re: Jones Bay Tiki Island Nov 22

Post by lahai1dj »

I've tried trolling all over Jones bay and never had any luck either! I've been able to hook reds and trout at the rail road bridges but anywhere else in the bay has been dead water to me.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: Jones Bay Tiki Island Nov 22

Post by MobyYack »

we have been getting most of our action around the tiki bridge during changing tides...i see a lot of people working that railroad bridge area but never landing much. in pat murrays book he mentions working/drifting the east end of the bay which i will do next time. kit was out there with us last time!