Get A Bigger Net

tguff

Get A Bigger Net

Post by tguff »

Last edited by tguff on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgj5533

Re: Get A Bigger Net

Post by jgj5533 »

Hahaha. I had that same net and just replaced it a few weeks ago. I had my PB trout miss the net about six times before I got her in. Finally went bigger.
smokedcuda

Post by smokedcuda »

Thats the meanest trout I have ever seen, she was clearly attempting to fang you in the face there. Wonder if Aflac covers face fangings by killer mustard mouths?
macjank7

Post by macjank7 »

That is a stream trout net!!!
Gofish!
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Gofish! »

Nice video. I have a friend had had a net like that and he was trying to help me land a 24 inch class flounder with it. Lost the flounder. Kind of embarrassed on how mad I was about the deal when both my net and his net were equally available choices. The next trip he had a real net. Still my friend.
robert arsuaga

Post by robert arsuaga »

That was a classic battle catch and release to boot thanks for the video it made my morning so far .
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

That is a little net for a big trout. Even with a big net, I get anxious trying to net bigger trout. I've netted the corky or the topwater too many times with the fish outside the net. You did good getting that fish inside the boat.
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

I rarely carry a net because most of the time I spend more time untangling a treble hook from it than fishing, so I either haul the fish into the yak or use the lip grip to secure the fish. Needless to say, I have lost some fish on the side of the boat because of this. :?

Nice fish tguff!
tguff

Post by tguff »

Believe it or not, this is a bigger net than I used to use. :shock: I have landed many big fish with it and kinda liked the challenge, but I've had too many close calls with big trout. I finally bought a bigger net this week. I can't stand the thought of losing a 30" trout because of the net.
Spoonbill

Post by Spoonbill »

She definitely earned her release :lol:
txspeck
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by txspeck »

Must have been that cheap cologne you were wearing, apparently big girl didn't like it :mrgreen: WTG Tom! Cool Video
Erock

Post by Erock »

That's just plain awesome Lol!
kneekap

Post by kneekap »

That net is a bit small. I always give them a bit of slack and let
them swim head first into my net. That way they keep heading
into and not out of the net while struggling.
robert arsuaga

Post by robert arsuaga »

Yep that's the way to do it .... but its not as exciting ! :lol: :lol:
Matyyaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Matyyaker »

I was worried for you there a moment, that trout was on the attack ! Great catch and loved the release.
b737

Post by b737 »

Wish I could still find those 7' 6" All Star Classic rods.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

tguff wrote:Believe it or not, this is a bigger net than I used to use. :shock: I have landed many big fish with it and kinda liked the challenge, but I've had too many close calls with big trout. I finally bought a bigger net this week. I can't stand the thought of losing a 30" trout because of the net.
Tguff,
Nose first into the net, brutha!!!! Then it don't matter how big the fish is :lol: :lol:

If it wasn't apparent to me from your numerous reports what a stud angler you are, and if I didn't know first hand what a pain it is to net a fish from a kayak, I'd be giving you all kinds of grief about horsing that fish. :lol: :lol:

I switched to a big net (with floats at the handle and top of the ring) for wading years ago, but when I'm in the kayak, it's a bit hard to manage, so I end up leaving it floating outside the kayak to my side while I'm fishing.
tguff

Post by tguff »

Yaklash wrote:
tguff wrote:Believe it or not, this is a bigger net than I used to use. :shock: I have landed many big fish with it and kinda liked the challenge, but I've had too many close calls with big trout. I finally bought a bigger net this week. I can't stand the thought of losing a 30" trout because of the net.
Tguff,
Nose first into the net, brutha!!!! Then it don't matter how big the fish is :lol: :lol:

If it wasn't apparent to me from your numerous reports what a stud angler you are, and if I didn't know first hand what a pain it is to net a fish from a kayak, I'd be giving you all kinds of grief about horsing that fish. :lol: :lol:

I switched to a big net (with floats at the handle and top of the ring) for wading years ago, but when I'm in the kayak, it's a bit hard to manage, so I end up leaving it floating outside the kayak to my side while I'm fishing.
Sho hard on a brutha! She was coming nose first till she changed her mind at the last second. I made the scoop anyway because I was afraid she would shake the hook. You can see the rollers from the heavy wind, but what's hard to see is the speed I'm moving. I was trolling when we hooked up and had a hard pull on her. I know from previous losses, a hard pull while trolling can put a pretty big gap in a trout's jaw. If I give any slack, its easy to shake a single hook. I did get a bigger net though. I might try that floating on the outside. I've been hanging it on the rod holder.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

"I don't always carry a net, but when I do I prefer this one"

21" at the widest
Attachments
image.jpg