Ponds on the north side of I-30 in Grand Prairie?

specialsits

Ponds on the north side of I-30 in Grand Prairie?

Post by specialsits »

There are two large ponds on the north side of I-30 between Loop 12 and Macarthur Blvd, anyone ever fished in either of these? I drive by them everyday on my way to and from work and have never seen anyone fishing there. Maybe there is a reason... but maybe they are full of untouched fish! They look like prime spots. Thanks in advance for any info.
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Ponds on the north side of I-30 in Grand Prairie?

Post by on a mission »

Lived in G.P. and Arlington for years. Great place to snag a body or get robbed years back. I would still try it though. Many years ago.
Epp838

Post by Epp838 »

I always think about that area when i drive by. Looks fishy
specialsits

Post by specialsits »

Seems safe enough if you're there during the day.... Question is just how to get down to the water
Buck Flicks

Post by Buck Flicks »

I drive by there every morning on my way to work. I've seen someone fishing there less than 10 times in my 4+ years of making that drive. Someone was there this morning though.

I've never seen a boat on the water, only shore fishing. I've often though that would be an interesting place to put a boat in.
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

My cousins lived in the exclusive Arcadia Park :lol: in the 60s and 70s and would fish it in a jon boat. Then high tail it out of there before dark. Sketchy then, sketchy now I would think. But I bet some nice bass in there.
Tree Hugger

Post by Tree Hugger »

I've been on the large pond between the landfill and the wastewater treatment plant doing a depth survey for the landowner. I trolled a line behind the boat all day but didn't get a bite, we didn't even see much in the way of fish jumping either.