Fort Worth area

texanyaker

Fort Worth area

Post by texanyaker »

Anyone here do any kayak fishing in Fort Worth? I just got a yak and am hooked. Would welcome any tips or suggestions on areas to go. Or, would enjoy linking up with others to go out fishing. Thanks
MKirby

Re: Fort Worth area

Post by MKirby »

I live in the Rhome Area just north of Ft Worth. i am open to fish in the evenings most of the days. I did hear yesterday from a fellow Yaker that the Trinity River hold some LUNKERS and I am planning on going there Monday morning to fish a bit. Today after work I am planning on going somewhere just not sure where yet... If you have a spot I would be interested in wetting a hook

Mike
gloryriver

Fort Worth area

Post by gloryriver »

I live in Fort Worth.
Not by choice .
But I know a few good spots .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by gloryriver on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKirby

Post by MKirby »

Gloryriver

can you give us a spot that you can put your yak in? I can not recall the park I was told. any help would be great!

Thanks
Mike
gloryriver

Fort Worth area

Post by gloryriver »

Let's go kayaking .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1911flyguy

Post by 1911flyguy »

I just got my first Yak lookin for other yakkers to link up with and maybe show me some spots, give me some pointers... I'm in Arlington
Thanks
Flyguy
Bradleto

Post by Bradleto »

Well, you just MUST make a trip down to Wheeler Branch in Glen Rose. It is about an hour away for most in FW. It doesn't allow boats with motors, just kayaks and canoes, etc. The water is deep and very clear with vision down to 10 to 15 feet on clear days. Deep, too, at around 80 feet near the dam. It is a small lake so you can explore the whole thing in less than a full day. I think the entry is $8 but very clean facilities, bathrooms, great security. It opens at 7 AM and closes with at dusk each day. Brad