Denton and Wise county fishing club

MKirby

Denton and Wise county fishing club

Post by MKirby »

Hello All,
So I was wondering if there is a Kayak fishing club in Denton, Wise or surrounding county? I know there are plenty of fishing spots in these areas. If there are no Kayak bass fishing clubs would anyone be interested to form a club with me? We could meet once a month at different lakes, creeks and so on to fish, tell lies, and just have fun. If enough people are interested we can make this happen! We could do monthly tournaments and have angler of the year for bragging rights and so on. I picked this area of North Texas so we can minimize travel and create a central area for everyone to meet. So let me know your thoughts

Mike
zimmer0

Re: Denton and Wise county fishing club

Post by zimmer0 »

im over in Lewisville/Grapevine if you're looking for someone to fish with. Havent had a chance to get the kayak in the water since moving to the area. Shoot me a PM if you'd like
TxSpeedster

Post by TxSpeedster »

I'm in DFW but can get up that way now and again.

Wednesday and Thursday are my regular days off, but once set up for night fishing I'll have a bit more flexibility.
MKirby

Post by MKirby »

Thanks for the reply Zimmer0 and TxSpeedster!

We are about to head down to Canyon Lake for the weekend to enjoy some MUCH needed R&R and have our first (of two) family reunions. Of course we are taking the Yaks and going to try our luck on Canyon Lake! Any tips would be great!

Next Saturday 7/30

If you want to meet up we are going to go fish a huge and very promising pond/river in Lewisville. This pond/creek/river holds a LOT of water and has all the makings of a very hot spot. This pond/creek/river is located on Hebron PKWY and Lake Point Dr in Lewisville. There is even a boat ramp you can back up to and drop the old Yak in the water with easy access. I stopped by this location the other day and was able to spot from the bank and what I saw makes me want to get in and fish. Tree cover, boat docks, drop off banks, very clear water, all in all very nice looking pond. So if you would like to come fish, hang out, tell lies, and enjoy a day (more like half day. IT’S HOT) on the water, we will BE THERE. We will be there around 6:30-7am on the morning of the 30th. Hope to meet some new faces and catch some HAWGS!!!

Mike
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

You guys feel free to plan your get-together so right here. That's what this forum was created for. I'd love to follow your exploits and whenever I can make it, I'd love to fish with y'all.
zimmer0

Post by zimmer0 »

MKirby wrote:Thanks for the reply Zimmer0 and TxSpeedster!

We are about to head down to Canyon Lake for the weekend to enjoy some MUCH needed R&R and have our first (of two) family reunions. Of course we are taking the Yaks and going to try our luck on Canyon Lake! Any tips would be great!

Next Saturday 7/30

If you want to meet up we are going to go fish a huge and very promising pond/river in Lewisville. This pond/creek/river holds a LOT of water and has all the makings of a very hot spot. This pond/creek/river is located on Hebron PKWY and Lake Point Dr in Lewisville. There is even a boat ramp you can back up to and drop the old Yak in the water with easy access. I stopped by this location the other day and was able to spot from the bank and what I saw makes me want to get in and fish. Tree cover, boat docks, drop off banks, very clear water, all in all very nice looking pond. So if you would like to come fish, hang out, tell lies, and enjoy a day (more like half day. IT’S HOT) on the water, we will BE THERE. We will be there around 6:30-7am on the morning of the 30th. Hope to meet some new faces and catch some HAWGS!!!

Mike
Looking at Google Earth, are you talking about Timber Creek? I'm not seeing any boat ramps when i zoom in. Maybe you can post a screen shot?
MKirby

Post by MKirby »

Sorry just got back home. If you google map Hebron pkwy and I Believe it's lake point, there is a 3 or 4 story building on the corner and directly behind that is a pond that has a boat ramp right off of Hebron. I will try to post tomorrow but so far I have not been able to post pictures on here.
MKirby

Post by MKirby »

try this link
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.0118186 ... a=!3m1!1e3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will see Hebron pkwy and lake Point Dr. the pond is behind regal professional building. there is a parking lot access off of both Hebron and lake point but the Hebron access has a boat ramp directly on the right when you turn into the parking lot off of Hebron. that is where I will be this Saturday around 6:45-7am to try my luck. if anyone wants to come out come on!! this is a large pond and might even be able to pick up the Yak and carry it over a small concrete burm and drop into the creek on the other side. I guess it all depends on how fishing is. Also the creek access starts at Corporate Dr and goes all the say to Water Ridge. lots of fishing!!!!
MKirby

Post by MKirby »

Well Gents I am not going to be able to make this Saturday.... After getting an oil change on my new truck I found a leak on my driveway and the only time I have to get it fixed is Saturdays. So I will spend my Saturday in the waiting room of a Toyota dealership instead of fishing...... Sound like SO much fun. if you do go to this location please post and let us know how you did.

Sad day for a Toyota owner.....
SharpCJ8

Post by SharpCJ8 »

I am pretty close to that location and was thinking about going out tomorrow morning. Did y'all have any luck?

Thanks,
Stephen
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CoastieCulture »

940 kayak fishing group on facebook-
DCON

Post by DCON »

MKirby wrote:Hello All,
So I was wondering if there is a Kayak fishing club in Denton, Wise or surrounding county? I know there are plenty of fishing spots in these areas. If there are no Kayak bass fishing clubs would anyone be interested to form a club with me? We could meet once a month at different lakes, creeks and so on to fish, tell lies, and just have fun. If enough people are interested we can make this happen! We could do monthly tournaments and have angler of the year for bragging rights and so on. I picked this area of North Texas so we can minimize travel and create a central area for everyone to meet. So let me know your thoughts

Mike
In looking at the dates on these posts it looks like I'm about a year late .... but, I am in Denton County, is anyone doing anything in this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk