fishing Grapevine this Saturday

MKirby

fishing Grapevine this Saturday

Post by MKirby »

Hello all! a few of us are meeting up this Saturday at Grapevine lake to do some fishing. we are planning on putting in off of Oak Grove Loop South of Scotts Landing. I believe the little park is called Acorn park.. Since the lake is WAY up on water level this area offers a perfect place to launch the yak and fish the flooded creek. this is also a NO WAKE zone so don't have to worry about boats, jet skiers, or waves. We are meeting at the Old West Café around 5:45-6am to eat and then off to the lake for some fishing. If you want to come join us come on!! Who knows if we get enough yaks there we might do a little fishing pot for big fish!!! So far we have 3 maybe 4.
MKirby

Re: fishing Grapevine this Saturday

Post by MKirby »

Minor change in plans. We will be launching from lake view park. Still meeting at old west cafe at 6 for food then about 10 minute drive to lake view park. They have let a lot of water out so the other spot is now back to ruff wilderness.. Lol! So if you want to join us, come on out!
TxSpeedster

Post by TxSpeedster »

Tempting :wink:

If I can get away, I'll be there!
MKirby

Post by MKirby »

Great to meet you TX! Next time maybe we can get some swimmers in the yak! Again great to meet and talk to you. Look forward to meeting more of you out there soon
TxSpeedster

Post by TxSpeedster »

MKirby wrote:Great to meet you TX! Next time maybe we can get some swimmers in the yak! Again great to meet and talk to you. Look forward to meeting more of you out there soon
Looking forward to doing it again! :D
Convoyjack

Post by Convoyjack »

Would love to come out and fish with you guys but had to take the yak into the shop today for some repairs. The old hobie developed some cracks where the drive locked in and is taking on water and I sold my backup last weekend
Raul Serrano

Post by Raul Serrano »

HI! I'm new to this forum and to the kayak fishing as well.
Anyone going to Grapevine this saturday or lewisville lake? 07/22/17
Me and my roommate are going to go either grapevine or lewisville this saturday if anyone would like to join us send me a PM.

Regards!