TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Bass Fishing north of I-20
By t100
I'll be hopefully bringing my kayak this year to my inlaws for Christmas. They live near Joe Pool. What are some other areas that are a must fish destination? I typically fish the lower Colorado River, any good parts on the trinity? Looking to get some bass
Thanks in advance.
By richg99
There are a couple of boat launches on the East side of I-35E on the North end of the bridge which crosses Lake Lewisville. I believe that the area is known as Arrowhead park??? You pay a few bucks to get in there. It is a bit tricky getting off of I 35 E at exactly the right spot. Watch out.

One of my sons lives in the Carrolton/Lewisville area. I have walked the Arrowhead?? shoreline a number of times. Caught some nice 2 or 3 lb bass on rattletraps from the shore.

Nice protected coves and you can fish along the highway bridge trestle. All in all a decent place to use a yak, I think. I've never had my yak along with me when we visit, though.

richg99
By on a mission
So you will be in Cedar Hill. Check out the tanks in Tangle Ridge. I used to fish them in the 80s and 90s before developed and caught tons of bass. Or hit Whitney, its only an hour away. We are 7-8 ft. high and stained right now. I stay off the Trinity close to DFW. The Paluxy and Brazos are other options around Glen Rose. Good Luck
How many Fly Guys?

It’s all good and valuable to hear about the diffe[…]

2016 Outback

I’m gonna jump on a 2019, so I will sell my 2016 y[…]

Headed down

Got skunked at mp rigs today. No kings biting. No […]

Corpus Reports...Any yet?

I'm hoping to go this weekend, but I'd like to hea[…]