Cleburne State Park

Basscat77

Cleburne State Park

Post by Basscat77 »

Hey Guy's, I used to live in Mansfield and fished all around the area years ago. We are planning a trip for the 4th of July to visit for a week and wondering if Lake Cleburne or the state park would be woth it for fishing?
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Cleburne State Park

Post by on a mission »

Camped there twice last year and the year before. We have camped off and on there for over 40 years. Lake has some decent bass and really good cats. But, with all the rain i would not be suprised if it has closed due to high water. Call ahead. Nice , quiet park otherwise. (Idle speed only for PBs) Enjoy and good luck on your fishing.
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

I was at Cleburne State Park three weeks ago. Did not fish, but talked to some of the bank fisherman and they were not having any luck at the time. It was early afternoon and bright sun light and no structure to fish. The boat ramp was closed at the time before all the rain. I guess you are wanting to kayak fish? There is plenty of water to fish, but most of the brush and bull rushes were not in the water deep enough to fish... but it has rained. I would call the state park and make reservations and ask about the lake level during the call. Also ask about the water color, might be muddy at this time. Muddy would be off white color. Most of the spawn is over this year.

Very nice little lake to fish and easy to learn if you are willing to go deep this time of the year.

Good Luck and post up a report after you get back...
Basscat77

Post by Basscat77 »

Thanks for the input . I'll have a week to myself so I plan on hitting up a few different places.
Caccrawfor

Post by Caccrawfor »

heard fishing has been slow there.