Benbrook Lake

Rhino68W

Benbrook Lake

Post by Rhino68W »

Anyone fish at Benbrook Lake? I will be moving to the area in February from Fort Riley, KS and will also be getting my first kayak. I have NO CLUE where to start when it comes to this lake so any help would be greatly appreciated.
MVRider

Re: Benbrook Lake

Post by MVRider »

I fished it once last year and had no luck. Had better luck finding the large clam fossils.
redshad

Post by redshad »

the dam always holds fish, t/r with light weights has done me well over the years. Good starting point, then you can paddle off to new areas. My P.B. came from that lake at southeast end of dam on cold day in late january. 9.4 lb. Good luck
mckeewa

Post by mckeewa »

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12 ... 28f802.jpg[/img]
I like to launch at mustang park and fish the timber near the mouth of mustang creek and then up the West Bank. This is the best place the go on windy days. Near the damn is great too.
texasnightowl

Post by texasnightowl »

Hi I am not familiar with Benbrook lake it has been a few years since I fish there. I am new to Kayak fishing myself, just brought my first Kayak in December and plan on fishing some of the other local lakes. I am Familiar with Lake Worth, Eagle Mountain and Marine Creek. I am retired Air Force and on disability so I am free to fish just about anytime. I am looking for a fishing partner so when you move down let me know and maybe we can get together and go fishing. I just made a day trip up to lake Ray Roberts to check it out seems like a nice lake to kayak fish. I got a Texas State Park pass while I was there and the attendant that sold me the pass said she was a Kayaker and it is a great lake to Kayak fish. I plan on taking the family up there this spring and summer to do some camping and fishing. Let me know if your interested.
FishDFly

Post by FishDFly »

Send a note to Cliff Hilbert, he has knowledge of the area and can help you.
FishDFly

Post by FishDFly »

Cliff Hilbert wrote:Sorry, but I've never fished Benbrook.
Figured you had, tooooo water skiers on the weekend.