Favorite place to put in on Grapevine?

dmaxwell

Favorite place to put in on Grapevine?

Post by dmaxwell »

I tried Murrell Park (free entrance) this morning. Was a bit of a haul from the parking lot to water side. Had a raging wind coming from the south. How is Twin Coves Park? Website shows $5 entrance fee per vehicle.

Also, any suggestions for the southern shore?
MVRider

Re: Favorite place to put in on Grapevine?

Post by MVRider »

I personally have only launched from two different points "Oak Grove Park" and "Meadowmere Park". Oak Grove has been the best so far in regards to fish action at the get go. Meadowmere requires some travel before it gets busy.

PM me next time you go out, looking for others to paddle and fish with.

Cheers,
Pete
MVRider

Post by MVRider »

Heading out from Katie's Woods again tonight around 6-6:30pm if anyone is interested.
CraigMcD

Post by CraigMcD »

On the north side of the lake:

Murrell - (+)free to get in, (+)you can stay past dark, (-)the ramp is closed so you have to cart to water, (-)it can be a tough paddle to productive fishing spots from there.

Twin Coves - (+)put in right in the middle of some productive timber fishing spots, (+)generally wind protected, (-)$5 to get in, (-)ramp is closed so you have to cart to the water, (-)the front gate is locked with an iron bar at dusk and then you're locked in.

On the south side of the lake:

Katie's Woods, Meadowmere, Sand Bass: (+)All have open ramps, (+)Wind protected when the south wind is blowing, (+)each have reasonable paddles to fishing areas, (-)$5 to use ramps

Craig