New member...Howdy!

MVRider

New member...Howdy!

Post by MVRider »

I'm a new member and new to kayak fishing. I've been fishing my entire life and finally decided to do it from a kayak. Last week I made the trip from Southlake to Waco and picked up a Hobie Pro Angler 12'. I've been out on it once just this past friday morning on Grapevine lake. It's truely a joy to use and I can't wait to explore some great fishing holes around DFW.

I'm looking for others with experience around DFW who can show me some great drop in places to fish. Would be even better if I could tag along on a few fishing outings with you. I've flexible and can do almost anytime of the day.

Cheers,
Pete
MVRider

Re: New member...Howdy!

Post by MVRider »

MVRider wrote:I'm a new member and new to kayak fishing. I've been fishing my entire life and finally decided to do it from a kayak. Last week I made the trip from Southlake to Waco and picked up a Hobie Pro Angler 12'. I've been out on it once just this past friday morning on Grapevine lake. It's truely a joy to use and I can't wait to explore some great fishing holes around DFW.

I'm looking for others with experience around DFW who can show me some great drop in places to fish. Would be even better if I could tag along on a few fishing outings with you. I've flexible and can do almost anytime of the day.

Cheers,
Pete
Fine, I'll reply to myself since nobody else has. Nice to meet you Pete glad you joined. :shock:
DIY

Post by DIY »

I rarely post on here due to non North yakers posting here. Try TFF.com. Hello btw!
Fishinintx

Post by Fishinintx »

Welcome Pete, sorry nobody said hi really. Dfw area has some incredible fishing around it. Lake fork being my spot of choice in a yak. That would be a blast. Again welcome aboard
Stacy
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I suggest you also post in the Freshwater forum. Can't hurt. You get a lot more exposure. Folks in the North Texas Bass forum only see this post.
Once you get acquainted with a couple of folks, the flood gates open up.
I am sure others will post or respond.
Shaun Russell

Post by Shaun Russell »

Welcome to the forum Pete. As stated earlier the DFW has some great lakes to fish. We have a get together twice a year on one of the local lakes with 150-200 kayakers in attendance.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Shaun Russell wrote:Welcome to the forum Pete. As stated earlier the DFW has some great lakes to fish. We have a get together twice a year on one of the local lakes with 150-200 kayakers in attendance.
That does not happen around Rockport-Corpus.
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

Shaun Russell wrote:Welcome to the forum Pete. As stated earlier the DFW has some great lakes to fish. We have a get together twice a year on one of the local lakes with 150-200 kayakers in attendance.
When is next convention? :dance: And welcome.
MVRider

Post by MVRider »

Thanks all I was just being a little sarcastic in my reply to myself. I noticed that this really is a strong Salt Water site and little in the way of fresh water posts. I want to do Salt Water ASAP just need to understand it better since I've only been back into Salt Water fishing over the past 2 years. Fresh water fishing is in my blood, but salt is calling strongly lately.
Moondog94

Post by Moondog94 »

MVRider wrote:Thanks all I was just being a little sarcastic in my reply to myself. I noticed that this really is a strong Salt Water site and little in the way of fresh water posts. I want to do Salt Water ASAP just need to understand it better since I've only been back into Salt Water fishing over the past 2 years. Fresh water fishing is in my blood, but salt is calling strongly lately.
Hey Pete,

Welcome to the addiction my man, sorry about not many people getting to you right away, but you are right that this forum is mostly salt water. You can find some bass guys such as myself cruising this forum every once in a while, but TFF.com is going to be your best source for fishing around DFW, I'm on both forums. I live in Fort Worth so pm me if you ever need any advice on fishing spots.

-Moondog
stxfisherman

Post by stxfisherman »

Welcome to the forum! I moved away from the coast about 2 years ago to the DFW area. I miss chasing those big reds and trout down there! Lately I've been going to white rock lake and ray hubbard. If you ever want to get let me know! I'm always looking to try new lakes. Also, check out TFF as previously mentioned, lots more freshwater reports.
redshad

Post by redshad »

welcome. kayak section on the TFF will give you more exposure to kayakers in the metroplex for freshwater fishing. the kayak people overall are some of the friendliest people out there. there are plenty of open invites and I will be adding some myself as soon as my schedule permits. Good Luck and welcome to your new addiction.
Caccrawfor

Post by Caccrawfor »

hey there welcome...