DFW venture to Ray Robert or Fork

Cboehle

DFW venture to Ray Robert or Fork

Post by Cboehle »

I've almost exclusively fished joe pool and walnut creek because i live on the lake, but am ready to venture out some more... Looking at ray roberts or fork for their great bass reviews... Any suggestions? Best places to drop in? Areas to fish? Bait? Camp?

Any other suggestions within an hour or two of dfw? Anybody interested in an overnight tent camp? Any tourneys coming up?

Thanks!
Basscat77

Re: DFW venture to Ray Robert or Fork

Post by Basscat77 »

If you go to Fork, Axtons is awesome for Kayaks. I've caught some monsters over there
KBake

Post by KBake »

I have heard good things about both I have been wanting to venture out to Ray Roberts. Im a teacher this is my last week let me know if you head out I may be interested in the trip.
Shaun Russell

Post by Shaun Russell »

I live on Lake Ray Roberts and it's a fickle lake. I've caught some toads here but Lake Fork is a far better lake.
donboo

Post by donboo »

I live i n Yantis. We have been catching them on top water ribbits in mornings and late afternoons off 2966 first bridge. Mostly fishing the hydrilla but also with drop shot rigs working pumpkin seed colored worms in lil deeper water
MVRider

Post by MVRider »

I've heading to Lake Fork Sunday 8/17 morning. Should be there around 6:30am-7am. Ping me if interested or already there. I'll check for replies or messages on this thread.
WantToFish

Post by WantToFish »

Headed to Fork early in the morning with my new yak. This is my first trip in it. If anyone will be out shoot me a message.
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

I have yet to kayak fish on Ray roberts, but the camping at Isle Du Bois is nice.
You can either go primitive ( no water/ elec ) or get a RV spot with both. You can find both types very close to the water