Lake Texoma

NativeSETexian

Lake Texoma

Post by NativeSETexian »

Hello to all.....just recently moved up to the NTX scene and haven't done a lot of freshwater fishing in a long while, mostly spent chasing Reds and Specs down in SE TX and SE LA on the Gulf. By chance, ended up at Lake Texoma, at Eisenhower State Park this past weekend (not to fish), looks like a great lake to yak. I observed boat launches in the park and at the dam, are there any other good spots on the lake to launch at? This was the first time I have ever been to Lake Texoma. Any information, would be appreciated. Plan on getting out there as soon as work allows. My yak hasn't been wet in over a year.
LMDshadow

Re: Lake Texoma

Post by LMDshadow »

The Lighthouse and Little Mineral marinas are both good places to launch and fish. I started a thread also labeled Lake Texoma a couple of weeks ago and you're welcome to weigh in there. I'm relatively new to kayaking, but have been fishing my whole life. I live in Denison and have been looking for other people in the area to go yak fishing.
Boomhawr

Post by Boomhawr »

while I'm new to kayaking, I've been around Texoma for several years. there are a good number of places to launch from all around the lake. I've used canoe and john boats from them. they make lake maps that show many of them, and you can find yhem online or in stores in the fishing area. here are a few listed on Texas Parks and Wildlife site: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fi ... ess2.phtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a hand launch only in Hagerman State Park on the Texas side. It goes into the Big Mineral Creek.

Hope this helps some.
texoma1231

Post by texoma1231 »

There are many good places to launch around Texoma. The ramp on the Texas side of the dam is plenty good and plenty of fish near by. If you are interested in look ing at some fishing reports for Lake Texoma, there is a good web sight, sixolegeezers.com Updates are daily and a good all around forum.

Tight Lines
NativeSETexian

Post by NativeSETexian »

Thanks for the information. Now that hunting season is over, I plan on getting out once it gets a little warmer. I'll have to adjust my tackle and get some things more related for the stripers. Whens a good time start getting out on the kayaks?
RealBigReel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RealBigReel »

I have been told parking at High Port is free if you put a "KAYAK" sign in your window. Worked for me last time I was up there. They also want you to park back away from the ramp.
NativeSETexian

Post by NativeSETexian »

Ok, sounds great. Thanks for the information.
LMDshadow

Post by LMDshadow »

Anyone looking to get out on the lake this weekend??