North Texas Area Lakes

bgraham

North Texas Area Lakes

Post by bgraham »

New to TKF and so far love this site.I have been out to a couple of lake in the garland area and was wondering if anyone new of any smaller more kayak friendly lakes in the North Texas area. :D :D :D
DIY

Re: North Texas Area Lakes

Post by DIY »

Only thing I can suggest is looking up Kayak friendly places on Google Maps. Can't remember the title of it or maybe just Google: Where to Kayak Fish in Tejas.., to tired to do so for you. I say this because I'm just learning this whole kayak game while fishing, with that said the lesson is being well learnt.

I found and due to research from so and so, the place is located off Sandy Ln (RJ Mcinnish Park?) Dallas/Coppell. The is a place to put in for the Elm Fork then into a smaller creek you go until you reach an open lake (Old Rock Quarry..?). The plan is to hit it tomorrow in the AM 'now', maybe around 6 or 7 I'll be around that water. The name is Alexander and the number is 8. 691. 9374, if your off or not doing anything join some amateurs. It'll be my ol lady and I.

Tight lines to you.

BTW, I don't know where and how this Garland is, but if it is close to Rockwall. Maybe research towards Ray Hubb would help. Got ran off Lake Arlington the other day due to high winds, which sucked being my first time on a actual lake. Be safe..
Bine

Post by Bine »

I kayaked Marine Creek Lake on July 4th. It was a nice tame paddle. Easy to put in. There are shallow shores to get out at along TCC and on the other side from it. Pretty lake. Well behaved fellow boaters in various vessels.

I didn't catch any fish. So says, it's a challenging little lake to figure out.
Bine

Post by Bine »

I fished Marine Creek Lake again today. This time with corn for carp. Nothing. Tried a few casts with a fuzzy red, black and chartreuse pan fish jig, and then fished one of the coves with a white grub. Nothing. Great weather for July, though.
Shaun Russell

Post by Shaun Russell »

There are some smaller lakes up in Sherman that are kayak user friendly