Texas Private Water Fishing

maverick2112

Texas Private Water Fishing

Post by maverick2112 »

Has anyone bought into this? It looks promising, access to many private lakes around Texas, most with in an hour or two from Dallas. There are cost but the production looks awesome. Most lakes are managed to produce quality bass. Let me know if your in it and what youe thouf=ghts are, I may join it this year.
formula462

Re: Texas Private Water Fishing

Post by formula462 »

A friend of mine knows the guy that started that. Its a neat deal and does produce good fish.
MagicYaker

Post by MagicYaker »

Seems good but the amt. of locations near Houston are sparse.
flyguy66

Post by flyguy66 »

I know a few guys who are members...fly anglers. They seem pretty happy.

I can tell you that ETX has an abundance of good small lakes and large ponds on private property that provide excellent bass and bream fishing opportunities yearround. Most of the good ones are spring fed, and that's a key to finding the quality small waters. If you have a small boat (canoes, kayaks, Gheenoes, small jon boats, etc.) with less than a 10 hp motor (or none) on it, my understanding is that it will really increase your options within this org. I think they do provide boats on some of the lakes/ponds, but not a lot of them. So if you live in the city, have a small boat and vehicle that won't get stuck on sand or red dirt farm and logging roads and a bit of camping gear, it may very well be a good option if it fits in your budget. The notion that the best fishing is on the big tourney lakes is a myth. The first pre-requisite of a top tier fishery is that it is big enough and has the infrastructure to support a large recreational tourism industry and big tournaments every weekend. THEN you can start talking about the fishing. There are a LOT of "off the beaten track" fisheries in ETX with exceptionally good fishing...and no crowds.
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

If your budget allows, you will enjoy the adventure. Every lake will be a new experience and the fish will not be as educated as the more popular large lakes that have tournaments 12 to 20 times a year on them.

Contact the organization and they should be willing to get you a member or two to contact and ask questions... Good Luck
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

If your budget allows, you will enjoy the adventure. Every lake will be a new experience and the fish will not be as educated as the more popular large lakes that have tournaments 12 to 20 times a year on them.

Contact the organization and they should be willing to get you a member or two to contact and ask questions... Good Luck