humminbird 140 c

mad fisherman

humminbird 140 c

Post by mad fisherman »

I put a portable humminbird 140 c with down and side scan. Works great for a cheaper fish finder. Love the side scan. Shows fish and how many feet away they are. Has anyone tried this . I have a hobie pro angler 14 and big c clamp works find on my rig. I know lots of kayak's have no place for the c clamp.
Shaun Russell

Re: humminbird 140 c

Post by Shaun Russell »

I've never heard of this being done. Do you have any pictures that you can post?
mad fisherman

Post by mad fisherman »

I am not home now. Will try to take some pictures some time this week.. The big c clamp can be put any where you want it on the pro angler. The humminbird fits through a circle bracket on top of the c clamp down the side of the kayak and is adjustable to how far down you want the transducer. Has a color screen that is easy to see. I bought it from amazon. It has great reviews.
DIY

Post by DIY »

Interested as well in the set up. Wondering if my portable finder ideas will co exist with yours. Tight lines to you.
gleeloyd

Post by gleeloyd »

I was using one of these originally on my Hobie inflatable. Worked fine but I finally tired of having to change batteries while out on the water. Tip: Use the Lithium batteries - they're worth the extra cost. You can see the 140 c beside my personal best ever 8 1/4 lb LMB caught at Joe Pool in June 2011!
DSCF0861.JPG