13 Fishing Concept Z

DumpTruck

13 Fishing Concept Z

Post by DumpTruck »

I sure am excited about this reel. I preordered one, supposed to ship Jan. 9. Best reel innovation I've ever seen... maybe. Hope it lives up to the hype. Anybody had their hands on one?
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z

Post by Yaklash »

Must admit to being intrigued by the "concept" of zero ball bearings. Looking forward to seeing the guts of one of these reels.

So, by the end of next spring, you should have had plenty of time to put this thing thru the wringer and have a review
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Never even heard of it. But I’m a dyed in the wool Shimano man from way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bradleto

Post by Bradleto »

Heavily touted since ICAST, even before that as word leaked out it was in the development phase.

I think it could be a very nice reel to consider for its price point, certainly for salty fishing where it is supposed to be less susceptible to the issues plaguing anglers who fish predominantly in it.

As regards its ability to perform well, it'll be tough to exceed high-end Shimanos and other high quality reels.

My high school neighbor fishes on his school's team and he uses a Concept A. He can cast a lure a mile with it, seems to be on the low side, that is not prone to back lashing. A very solid reel.

If the Z is better than the A, or as good, and if it is largely maintenance-free as advertised, this will likely find an audience.

I'm going to get one to give it a go soon.

Brad

P.S. Next up in the "gotta have it" angling world is the new Conquest rod developed by G. Loomis and Shimano in a joint venture. It is supposed to be the "next thing" in rods. br
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

I bought a Concept C a while back, and it's my favorite bass reel I've ever used. If I like the Z even more, well...

They are going to sell the polymer bushings, or whatever they call those "non-bearings" and they will fit all the Concept line. Might upgrade the C. I can't remember if they are interchangeable with their other models or not. I think so..?

If it casts as smooth and far as they say, you could just buy 2 of those diddlers for the spool bearings and have a significant cast performance upgrade. I think they are $12 a pop.
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

Look what came in today!!

One of the spool non-bearings: