TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please visit our sponsor Mariner Sails
By specialsits
Hi all. I'm going to be in Austin for the Thanksgiving holiday with my family and was thinking about bringing my kayak to fish Lady Bird Lake. Planning to launch below the I-35 bridge. Anyone care to share some decent spots to fish for bass? Not sure if I should head west towards Mopac or go down east. Would definitely appreciate any suggestions on spots or lures that seem to be working right now. Thanks in advance!
By robjm09
I would also like some advice on this lake as well. Should be going out there Friday or Saturday, and it will be my first time out on that lake.
By specialsits
Ok spent the thanksgiving break fishing Lady Bird. Fished for a few hours each day for three days. Best action I had was on a crankbait that looked like a small bass (green/tan). Caught a ton of 1-3 pound bass on it. Had a bit of luck on a chartreuse jig but it was slow. Didn't get a single bite on any plastics I threw. As for location, most action was between Lamar and Mopac bridges. Had a monster bite under the 35 bridge but fish broke off (thought it was actually going to snap my ultra light rod). Anyway, it was a fun place to fish and I'll def be back!
By teen yaker
specialsits wrote:Ok spent the thanksgiving break fishing Lady Bird. Fished for a few hours each day for three days. Best action I had was on a crankbait that looked like a small bass (green/tan). Caught a ton of 1-3 pound bass on it. Had a bit of luck on a chartreuse jig but it was slow. Didn't get a single bite on any plastics I threw. As for location, most action was between Lamar and Mopac bridges. Had a monster bite under the 35 bridge but fish broke off (thought it was actually going to snap my ultra light rod). Anyway, it was a fun place to fish and I'll def be back!

Congrats on the successful fishing trip :D I might try that spot in the near future :wink:

We are selling off some of our demo and used kaya[…]

End of Year Video for 2018

Good stuff man

This year's run has been on par for me, both quant[…]

Price drop to $300.00!