New to Kerrville

sherpaxc

New to Kerrville

Post by sherpaxc »

Howdy Guys,
I just moved here from Austin last week. The fishing was a big reason why. I'm a teacher so right now I've got a fair amount of time on my hands to do just that. I floated from Lois Hayes all the way down to Schriner (spelling?) park. The water seemed a bit high and I even flipped on an S bend about a half mile before the takeout. That was pretty exciting! Anyway, the fishing was great. I only saw one other person my entire time out there. So peaceful. I was smiling the whole time.

Anyway, I'm looking to hook up with some fishing buddies. I mostly use lightweight spincast but have a full flyfishing set up as well.

Hit me up if you are interested.

Thanks,
Travis
Welderdude

Re: New to Kerrville

Post by Welderdude »

Try going upstream to Ingram area and hit some of those holes in there...good fishing and beautiful scenery
sherpaxc

Post by sherpaxc »

Welderdude wrote:Try going upstream to Ingram area and hit some of those holes in there...good fishing and beautiful scenery
Thats actually my plan for tomorrow morning. Any area to put in? There are so many options! :) Would further upstream towards Hunt be better?
Welderdude

Post by Welderdude »

there is a really cool guy that owns come cabins right after the turnoff to the left. the stretch upstream from there is good, or you can put in at ingram lake and paddle up, or just try the lily pads