white bass

ATX O

white bass

Post by ATX O »

are white bass running right now? will be going to Reiner Ranch on Friday and fish the Perdenales and Hamilton Creek.
Luckylopez96

Re: white bass

Post by Luckylopez96 »

Just go to the Nueces river on Airport Dr in George west. The white bass are hitting everything!!!
Lipgripper

Post by Lipgripper »

Went to Reimers, caught a lot of small mouth and large mouth with only two white males. Maybe in the upcoming week the run will happen.
ATX O

Post by ATX O »

I was at Reimers on Friday. 4 of us and one 15" white and lots of small black bass. One wider with minnows caught two whites. Older man in parking lot had a good point. Been fishing there since 1982 and he thinks there might not even be a run this year. The Pedernales was dry the last couple years so the whites were born in Travis so might not even know to go up river to spawn. I will try wading it next week anyway.
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

White bass look for current not memory :lol: Any way. Good luck. Ive been there before. Nice area. I have a place upriver in JC. Love that river. Use to go to Max Starcke dam all the time. Fun fishin whites.
ATX O

Post by ATX O »

Fished Max Starcke a few times when I was really young in the late 80s with Art Diogivanni from Marble Falls. Will be back to wade at Reimers then. Thx
Luckylopez96

Post by Luckylopez96 »

This was nueces two weeks ago https://youtu.be/TNVABIUzc_8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RealBigReel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RealBigReel »

I see rosebud and dogwood blooming all over the place. Major indicator right there. But then I was out yesterday, and the water temperature was 56°. Second major indicator. Caught 30 with 14 keepers. Some very nice. It's on!
wetnhungry

Post by wetnhungry »

Yes
Photos of my two last trips below
Attachments
whites round 2.JPG
Whites.JPG
Lipgripper

Post by Lipgripper »

Went to Reimers, caught some some males and a good female but don't think it's running. Still a great time with my 9 year old kiddo who landed two!
Lipgripper

Post by Lipgripper »

Went to Reimers, caught some some males and a good female but don't think it's running. Still a great time with my 9 year old kiddo who landed two!
ATX O

Post by ATX O »

doesn't seem like Reimers is running i agree. went 9 days ago and saw 3 caught all day. guys from work went couple days ago and they caught 4. i am going to Circleville on Wednesday or Thursday on San Gabriel above Granger Lake and give it a shot.