Cleaburn State Park

hobie14

Cleaburn State Park

Post by hobie14 »

Anybody ever fish Cleaburn State Park ? Planning on fishing there sunday for crappie.
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Cleaburn State Park

Post by Thinwater skinner »

It has been a while, but I did watch a boater fish the damm area at the draw down... He was fishing with live bait and right next to the tower part on the shady side. It was around 12 noon. I fished there later and found out there was brush/christmas trees on the deeper side of the tower... but that does not mean it will still be there.

Good Luck and post up after your trip and tell us how you did.

Thanks
hobie14

Post by hobie14 »

Thanks I'll use my graph and see if i can find them
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

Nice ,quiet lake with idle speed rules. Decent bass, but kinda early yet. Cats are plentiful. But, it has been over a year since fishing there. Make sure you have a light on your yak for after dark or you will be asked to beach your yak. Good luck.
hobie14

Post by hobie14 »

Update on fishing Cleburne state park went Sunday beautiful day about all i can say loll. Caught one large mouth maked a couple of spots with fish finder so windy couldn't stay on them be back give it another try thanks for info you guys gave me !
Barry
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

hobie14 wrote:Update on fishing Cleburne state park went Sunday beautiful day about all i can say loll. Caught one large mouth maked a couple of spots with fish finder so windy couldn't stay on them be back give it another try thanks for info you guys gave me !
Barry
Barry, What was the water level? Thinkin bout hittin it late feb-early march.
hobie14

Post by hobie14 »

It's full . Deepest spot I came across was out in front of dam 44 ft fish that showed up in schools 15 ft to bottom had several good hits out in front of dam drop shotting with a 2inch minnow shad color but just couldn't get the hook set !!