Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp Depth Reading Problems

bfail

Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp Depth Reading Problems

Post by bfail »

Hey guys, installed a new Elite 5 Chirp on my Hobie PA. I am having issues with a blinking depth reading (especially with a bunch of salad underneath.) I've read if you take it off of Auto-depth, this will help mitigate the problem. However, that hasn't really been the case with my unit. Seems like it will work, then will get stuck on a depth and blink, then re-calibrate and start the process over. I don't think my depth is set to shallow. Then again, I don't want a depth set to 50 ft, if I'm fishing 4-5 ft of water.

Any suggestions or people with similar issues?
Yakety_Yak

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp Depth Reading Problems

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I have an Elite 4 HDI and any problem I have had, which my problems have been with figuring out how to do certain functions on the finder, I call tech support and they have been able to help me every time. If the unit is defective by chance, they stand by their warranty. Give them a call and see what help they can provide.... 800-628-4487
bfail

Post by bfail »

Thank Yakety Yak
Ozomatic

Post by Ozomatic »

Think you have a problem. I have the same model FF and the same boat and auto works fine for me. I'd call tech support like was already suggested.