One at a time is too slow

wetnhungry

One at a time is too slow

Post by wetnhungry »

I thought it was a really good fish. Turned out to be two pretty good fish.
Attachments
IMG_2773.JPG
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: One at a time is too slow

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Very nice. I've had that happen a few times on the Colorado. Bass be whack yo.
CENTEXPondHopper

Post by CENTEXPondHopper »

wetnhungry wrote:I thought it was a really good fish. Turned out to be two pretty good fish.
Nice! Ive only done that with am umbrella rig.
jhb
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by jhb »

I've done that on a crank at Canyon and it's feels real funny fighting two fish who are trying to go different ways (they tire out quick though). Also came to say I have that exact net and love it!
wetnhungry

Post by wetnhungry »

jhb wrote:I've done that on a crank at Canyon and it's feels real funny fighting two fish who are trying to go different ways (they tire out quick though). Also came to say I have that exact net and love it!
I like the net, but I have caught a few over the 24" mark and it was a little sketchy getting them in the net. In the past I never used a net for bass, but got tired of losing them right at the kayak while trying to lip them and dodging treble hooks.
jhb
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by jhb »

Agreed, for larger bass it may be a little small, but I have this theory that bass flop less the second they touch a net. Seems to be my experience anyways...
GetBent
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by GetBent »

Crankbaits are a love hate bait.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Kirk B.

Post by Kirk B. »

Ohhhh. Piercings! Cool! :P
wetnhungry

Post by wetnhungry »

GetBent wrote:Crankbaits are a love hate bait.

Amen on that. I fish almost exclusively with them and have experimented with changing out to single hooks. I had success using singles on wake baits for reds, but they performed horribly on bass, for me anyway. I started using the Mustad triple grips in size 2 on most everything and they work great. It's been good therapy for me, causing me to just accept the inevitable problems (similar to fishing with braid).

I had to chuckle because of the timing of your post. I caught a small bass Thursday and lipped it. He shook just right and buried one of the triple grip hooks into my forefinger, past the barb. So, now I'm left with one hand trying to figure out how to unhook either myself or the fish to which I'm attached. He shook again, jerking the hook out of my finger in the process. I thanked him for that and set him free.

I NEVER used a net for bass in the past, but with my addiction to cranks and top shelf trebles, I find myself reaching for it quite often these days.
GetBent
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by GetBent »

Nice. I had to go to dr. To get it removed. Tried the pull with line and straight up pliers and made a little progress but it wasn't budging and I started sweating and getting sick to my stomach. No blood which surprised me. I hate going to the dr. But figured best thing to do to minimize damage. I will keep a razor blade with me for next time.
wetnhungry

Post by wetnhungry »

I once had a trout spit a lure out at me while I was wade fishing. I spent a good 20 minutes digging the treble hook out of my inner thigh. The life saver was Bactine, which has lidocaine. I didn't feel a thing. I never go anywhere without side cutters, Bactine, and triple antibiotic!
junkyard chihuahua
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by junkyard chihuahua »

Those little wasp sting swabs are great for accidental piercings...

The kind where you break the inner glass tube and it soaks a little cotton ball on the end of a tube kind... I don't know the brand name, but they sure work for numbing little 'accidents'.