Hungry post spawners 4/2/15

slicker

Hungry post spawners 4/2/15

Post by slicker »

I was able to run into quite a few hungry post spawn bass Saturday in a little lake off of Oyster Creek in Sugarland. They were smoking a Dean Rojas popin frog...I don't think I missed one on the frog. Usually pretty rare. Spinnerbait, square bill and berkely sabertail bug scored a few bass as well. The bass in and around SE Texas seem to be entering that perfect time between the moodiness off the spawn and the dog days of summer. I love it
Attachments
IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1860.JPG
slicker

Re: Hungry post spawners 4/2/15

Post by slicker »

By the way, I don't know if any of you have tried the new sonar system by Vexilar, but its pretty sweet. It connects via wifi to your smart phone or tablet. So, you can basically set up your transducer and battery wires away from you in the back of your yak and connect wireless to your device and stream the images. Others can tap into your vexilar unit as well. Vexilar also teamed up with Navionics so you can view the vexilar data through the Navionics app. There are other features...overall its a great deal and the data has great quality

http://store12459.americommerce.com/sto ... T-BOX.aspx
pat 87

Post by pat 87 »

i know exactly what you mean! this is a perfect time for catching them. a few weeks back, i found a bass still on the bed. tried to catch him for about an hour. eventually i gave up. came back the next day and tried again. finally i got him to hammer my pumpkin trick worm. it was worth the wait.
altonstanford

Post by altonstanford »

Nice
There's nothing like getting into some topwater bass action, especially if you're getting some successful hookups