Help with white bass please

raruga

Help with white bass please

Post by raruga »

It is my understanding that white bass is biting this time if year and have no idea where to go.
I live in Pearland Tx and would love to take my 5yr old white bass fishing, can anyone offer advise on a hood place where to go?
Thank you
RealBigReel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Help with white bass please

Post by RealBigReel »

White Bass (Sandies) are not really biting just yet, I caught just 2 this last Wednesday. Generally you can judge the Sandy bite by the RedBud bloom. And water temperatures should be around 56°F for the Sandy bite to be on. They are currently just over 50°F at least where I fish.
Sorry, Pearland is a long ways from here can't help you with a location. Hopefully someone closer to you will jump in here.
Scrumptrelecent

Post by Scrumptrelecent »

I have to concur that the white bass run isn't in full swing just yet. I've been out to Stillhouse in Belton the past few weekends and haven't had much luck. I went to Granger lake and fished the creek at Willis park last Wednesday and only caught one white and one largemouth. I think the recent weather has them confused.
J-Moe

Post by J-Moe »

Yegua creek on Lake Somerville has some good places to take children and bankfish. Both at Newman's bottom and Irwin bridge. Fishing is good already and people or taking stringers out on a regular basis. Fishing has been better early in the morning and late in the evening.
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by saltykat »

This time of year the creeks and trinity river above lake livingston are the best place I know of for whites in our area. You can also catch them below the dam from the bank or a short kayak paddle from the launch. These were caught below the dam in January a few years ago haven't been there since but those areas always produce this time of year.
Attachments
IMG_1125_resize.JPG
sheriff_john

Post by sheriff_john »

If you are going to travel for the White Bass run (and if you are Pearland you are going to travel to get White Bass) I would look at the legend Bedias Creek.
The Shoals are located here 30.904500, -95.672600 and you want to be on the east side of them. I'm afraid its a long long paddle though.
Here is an article to help you get there.
http://www.toledo-bend.com/lconline/99a ... v02-2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are closer areas like Cypress Creek 30.029535, -95.286149 which you can access it on foot from Jesse Jones Park or launch here just of 59N in Humble 30.027287, -95.256203 for $5 and do the 2-3 mile paddle each way.