Skeet Reese Rods

BThooey

Skeet Reese Rods

Post by BThooey »

Has anyone fished with the Skeet Reese Rods before? I have been eyeing some of them, they are fairly light and seem to have good action in the tip on the spinning/shakyhead rods. I'm just looking for opinions/experiences :?:
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Skeet Reese Rods

Post by Forever Fishing »

I have been using the SK rods since they came out. I use them for bass and red fish. The top water/jerk bait rod is my favorite but his crank bait rod has worked very well.. I use his finesse spinning rod for drop shot and Texas rigged on the smaller bass in the local ponds, lakes and bayous. The jig/worm rod has been my go to rod for marsh fishing.

Love the micro guides and they seem to hold up well. The yellow paint does seem to fade after a couple of years.
BThooey

Post by BThooey »

So you are a micro guide fan? you can really notice a difference in your casts?
Redfish..Yum

Post by Redfish..Yum »

Have two for bass fishing. Last longer than others I own. No broken guides etc. The only thing I don't like is the tendency for the line to wrap up around the micro guides. I can tolerate it though because catching a fish on those rods is a blast.
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Forever Fishing »

BThooey wrote:So you are a micro guide fan? you can really notice a difference in your casts?
I like them but can't say I notice much difference in terms of distance. Maybe some difference but not much. They do become line wrapped more often which can be a hassle if you are on fish. I keep buying them and using them so...work for me.