Fishing Brushy Creek

pblum22987

Fishing Brushy Creek

Post by pblum22987 »

sunfish.PNG
sunfish.PNG (25.27 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
I took my kayak down to Brushy Creek last Saturday to do some fishing. The Bass were not feeding as aggressively as I would have hoped so I decided to break out the Drop Shot Rig. I was using a 7 foot spinning medium Fenwick Rod and a 4 inch roboworm in oxblood color. I recently started using roboworms when dropshotting and man, I have not been disappointed! The robowors are a little bit more expensive than the competition and they break of the hook easier but they seem to work extremely well. I caught a few Largemouth Bass and even a bluegill.

Link to video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFLmu7oMnXs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
bass2.PNG
bass2.PNG (77.73 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
bass.PNG
bass.PNG (59.16 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
13MWZ

Re: Fishing Brushy Creek

Post by 13MWZ »

Yea they're good working worms. Been having luck using them on a splitshot rig. I haven't tried them on a drop shot yet but will give it a try this weekend.

I grew up on Brushy Creek, what part were you on?
pblum22987

Post by pblum22987 »

13MWZ wrote:Yea they're good working worms. Been having luck using them on a splitshot rig. I haven't tried them on a drop shot yet but will give it a try this weekend.

I grew up on Brushy Creek, what part were you on?
I was at brushy creek park underneath the parmer bridge.
hoot

Post by hoot »

I have always had really good luck fishing the bank across from the launch. Always seems to be good sized fish there. Here is one from a trip with my son. Sorry don't know why it shows up sideways.
Attachments
photo-15.JPG
pblum22987

Post by pblum22987 »

saltnfresh wrote:I have always had really good luck fishing the bank across from the launch. Always seems to be good sized fish there. Here is one from a trip with my son. Sorry don't know why it shows up sideways.
That is a Lunker!