Wacky Righed Gary Yamamato

beelinerguy

Wacky Righed Gary Yamamato

Post by beelinerguy »

I went to my parents private 7 acre lake in east texas this weekend. The last few times I've been have been really slow. I had 3 old packs of Gary Yamamato senko worms and so I decided to hook them through the middle and fish them wacky style like I saw on a YouTube video. I have never had a lure produce fish like that! I caught a fish on 75% of my casts! Just let it sink.. Twitch... Lift rod tip up and let it sink again. Fun when you feel them pick I up too. Anyway, I know I'm late to the party but I've been bass fishing my whole life and never tried this, but here to say wow this is an amazing way to bass fish!

Does this style of fishing work good year round? Anyone do it in big lakes? Deep water?

I just need some o rings now, lost a worm about every 2 fish without one.
jz2518

Re: Wacky Righed Gary Yamamato

Post by jz2518 »

i think that is the best way to fish a senko. Also try some weedless owner hooks and a ring.
beelinerguy

Post by beelinerguy »

Thanks for the tip. I had some 3/0 Gamakatsu worm hooks that worked good, but figured there is a better hook to use
hoot

Post by hoot »

Yea it is pretty much a guarantee to catch a fish method when you want your confidence. Def recommend getting the o-rings from Amazon, much cheaper. This is the right size for 5" senkos http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D8 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also use much smaller hooks when wacky rigging through the o-ring, 1/0 Gammy Spilt/Drop Shot Weedless and regular depending on how thick the brush I'm throwing into.
Last edited by hoot on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoot

Post by hoot »

But lately, Summertime I have been throwing jigs more to work the 8-14' FOW more quickly.

The WR senko still works early and real late when the temps cool off and the fish are higher from my recent experience.
kuyatwo

Post by kuyatwo »

I get my o rings at barlows

http://www.barlowstackle.com/Wacky-O-Rings-P2013.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

50 rings for $2.49
Rotag

Post by Rotag »

Small zip ties work also cheap and you can get them anyplace
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Wacky Rigging is what I often do when the tip of a plastic worm gets worn out, and I am just too lazy to dig out another worm. richg99
stryper

Post by stryper »

This forum is like a box o' chocolates, never know whats next