Purtis Creek

hunterlee5587

Purtis Creek

Post by hunterlee5587 »

I know I know, I am late posting this as it should have been posted in early april.

Me and my girlfriend went fishing at Purtis Creek over in Eustace. She was using 5 inch senkos in june bug color and was hammering 1-2.5 bass all day. I was using spinnerbaits and traps trying to locate them, so she was doing the destroying lol. I hadn't caught anything when I tied on a green pumpkin grande bass snake-o. Flipped it at a point and got hammered immediately on the fall. Only fish I caught. 22 inch length and I estimate the girth to be 13-14.5 inches. My personal best on Purtis Creek. I have not been in a few weeks but will return soon and give a review over the early summer bite.
Attachments
Picture was taken right after dusk, and me and my girlfriend were tandem in an old bass buster
Picture was taken right after dusk, and me and my girlfriend were tandem in an old bass buster
TXYAKer83

Re: Purtis Creek

Post by TXYAKer83 »

I'm thinking about heading out there this weekend. This will be my first trip out there. I've heard nothing but great things about Purtis Creek.
hunterlee5587

Re: Purtis Creek

Post by hunterlee5587 »

TXYAKer83 wrote:I'm thinking about heading out there this weekend. This will be my first trip out there. I've heard nothing but great things about Purtis Creek.
I am sorry I am seeing this late. I have had a good time every time I have visited Purtis Creek, whether the fishing was productive or not.

Watermelon red flake seems to be a decent soft plastic color for me there. I like the place because it's close to home. It is no Naconiche though.