central Tx yakers?

illest23

Re: central Tx yakers?

Post by illest23 »

Well it looks like it will be raining tommorow and Sunday.
illest23

Post by illest23 »

Went this morning despite the cold and rain. Caught 4 whites and one gaspergoo. Most fish were closer to the bridge instead of up in the river. I post my reports and pics on fishing skout app. Pretty cool app which is free that I use to gather intel for what's biting and what lure is working.
rbdavis3591

Post by rbdavis3591 »

Thanks for reminding me about the Scout Look app. I have it installed but had forgotten about it. Will have to remember it for the next time I am out fishing.
Karcus

Post by Karcus »

I'm new to the area and tried gravel road crossing from noon to 4pm. Trolled and cast a small white grub on a jig head. Air temp was 32. No fish and no pics. Posting from a phone, this was my first time out there but live close by so will be back frequently. Any place that sells minnows? Or recommended spot to use a cast net?
mlmtx01

Post by mlmtx01 »

Take 3481 back towards Harker Heights. Take a right on 2410. The first gas station on the right sells live bait.
illest23

Post by illest23 »

Karcus wrote:I'm new to the area and tried gravel road crossing from noon to 4pm. Trolled and cast a small white grub on a jig head. Air temp was 32. No fish and no pics. Posting from a phone, this was my first time out there but live close by so will be back frequently. Any place that sells minnows? Or recommended spot to use a cast net?
I would try launching from Cedar Gap and heading into the river. There will not be any whites running to Gravel Crossing this year unless we get some major rain. The water is too low and certain parts of the river are dried up. It pretty much ends dead ends a few miles up river after you pass the overhead powerlines. But try slow trolling in the area right after the bridge near cedar gap. You should find a few.
Karcus

Post by Karcus »

Cool thanks, ill try that area next week. Just caught a small bass, I'm sitting at the indoor heated crappie house at stillhouse park marina (end of Simmons road), which has live minnows FYI 24/7 I think