Lake Fork

Volkswatson

Lake Fork

Post by Volkswatson »

Hey folks,
I live about 40 mins from Fork, and curious if anyone wanted to share some decent spots to yak to... I'm not afraid to paddle, heck just did over ten miles the last few days.

Not looking for a honey hole, but would like to get a real Fork bass. Seems like I catch everything BUT bass out there. Limited on sandies last time out... Crappie before that!!?!

Anyway, lemme know if anyone wants to go when it cools down a bit...

-Ben
Volkswatson

Re: Lake Fork

Post by Volkswatson »

Cliff Hilbert wrote:Try Little Mustang Creek off Hwy 17.
Thanks! I've got it marked!

-VW
flyguy66

Post by flyguy66 »

I fish Fork for bass with a fly rod, and I'm convinced that the trick is to go where other people don't. That lake gets hammered! If you can see a boat ramp, you're probably in the wrong spot. So that makes kayak fishing it a bigger challenge. Think way back up the feeder creeks and you're heading in the right direction. That's all I'll say about that. Best of luck!
smokedcuda

Post by smokedcuda »

Just under the second bridge there is a large underwater hump, that was always good to us from a bass boat. Its been several years since ive been out there and i have no idea what the water level is like but you might check it out. If memory serves it was something like 17 feet deep to the bottom and the hump came up to 6 or so. We could throw a Carolina rigged french fry in that watermelon fleck color on the top of the hump and bump it down to the bottom and catch em all day long.
hunterlee5587

Post by hunterlee5587 »

The bass in Lake Fork know what is food and what ain't... I am thoroughly convinced of this. The good thing about kayaks, is getting where other boats can not in the standing timber. The bad thing, pack post work out meals out the cazzoooo. You will be paddling to get to these places. Severely pressured water.

I went in late May, water temperatures were up, but if you went by the number of boats skiing across the water you would think it was the middle of March. I for one will be traveling in the other direction to Lake Naconiche this fall, as I live roughly between the two.

I haven't tried the feeder creeks at Lake Fork. I am wondering if it affords the success of Kickapoo creek on Lake Palestine
Volkswatson

Post by Volkswatson »

Thanks for the comments. Seems like every time I go to Fork, it's a last min thing, so I'm not well prepped.

I'd def like to get a group together. In fact, I started a Facebook page awhile back. Help me get it rolling!

https://www.facebook.com/EastTexasKayak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Ben
hunterlee5587

Post by hunterlee5587 »

Joined the facebook group.

We need to set up a get together sometime soon while the fall bite is on. Idk what your schedule is like, I currently have mon tues wed as weekends :/ lol
Volkswatson

Post by Volkswatson »

hunterlee5587 wrote:Joined the facebook group.

We need to set up a get together sometime soon while the fall bite is on. Idk what your schedule is like, I currently have mon tues wed as weekends :/ lol
Took a paddle Fri, trolled the whole time. Prob caught well over 15 fish. Weather was gorgeous. Good day!
Planning to hit it next Sunday.
Wolfmann

Post by Wolfmann »

I am about 5 minutes from the lake off of 515 outside of Emory but have not been fishing for a while. Let Me know when you go again and if I am off I tag along.
jigfish

Post by jigfish »

Love you see some of those big lake fork bass you get. I heard its a great lake.
JP135

Post by JP135 »

Any of y'all headed for Fork, holler (PM or email thru TKF). I'm just getting all my equipment put together, still sorting out a few things. I'm just south of Emory. Off on (most) weekends.
JP
hunterlee5587

Post by hunterlee5587 »

The last time I fished Fork, I was but a learner.

Now I am the master. haha, all jokes aside, when everyone heading there this year? We have some late cold fronts probably pushing back the spawn some.
BoneDigger

Post by BoneDigger »

I'm in Lindale if any of you Fork fisherpeople want to fish sometime.

Todd