Went to bass pro saturday

bayroan

Went to bass pro saturday

Post by bayroan »

And found they had some ugly stik lites on sale so i bought a 7 foot spinning rod, some jigs and some rattle traps. i know theyres better options out there but for 30 bucks u cant beat an almost indestructible rod and these lite edition seem way different than the original thick floppy rods that were hard to get a hookset with sometimes, anyone ever use these? Just waiting to get out a bit earrly from work to go try it out. I wanna see hhow a bass feels on this thing lol
Shaun Russell

Re: Went to bass pro saturday

Post by Shaun Russell »

Nothing at all wrong with ulgy sticks. Especially at that price! I use to use them about 15 yrs ago and snapped a couple but they were great about replacing them.
bayroan

Post by bayroan »

Yea I used to use them a lot too when I was younger I guess my dad didn't think I could break em lol, these lite editions seem way different than the older ones tho, I do have a couple higher end rods but I can never fish comfortably with them, always scared they're gonna get caught on a branch or fall in and never be seen again haha, these rods with a semi decent reel are perfect for me lol less worries equals more fun haha
dtrojcak

Post by dtrojcak »

I don't fish enough to spend over $300 on a rod and reel.
Ugly-Stik and a H2O Mettle is my go to rod/reel right now. I spent $30 something on the rod and bought the mettle on sale for $30.
I'm hoping Academy puts them on sale this winter again. Gonna pick up 3 or 4 more if they do.
bayroan

Post by bayroan »

Well now that u told me ill keep an eye out to see if they go on sale at academy also, I'd always use those berkley cherrywoods and they seemed alright but they break real easy so I started lookin into the ugly sticks again, took it out to test it earlier today and didn't catch anything sizable but fishing a texas rigged worm real slow I could still feel the smaller bass sucking that worm up on the bottom so overall I'm happy with it :) now I just need a decent spinning real and a decent baitcaster under 50 or 60 bucks! Each of course lol
Nano-Skiff
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Nano-Skiff »

The lites are super nice.
dtrojcak

Post by dtrojcak »

The regular price on the mettles is $50, so that would still be in your price range.
But the mettles have apparently gone on sale in November and/or December for the last couple of years.
Looking back, I should've bought 2 or 3 last year, but didn't want to risk it on a reel I had never used before.
I've used mine in fresh and salt water this summer and so far no problems.
bayroan

Post by bayroan »

Apparently they're awesome reels tho read up on them online, thinkin of payin full price for one then waitin for them to go on sale and gettting a few on sale, i got a cheapo plfuguer thats been holdin up well for now tho
dtrojcak

Post by dtrojcak »

There definitely becoming more popular. I'm wondering if they won't go on sale because they are selling decently at full price.
$50 isn't a bad deal, but $30 is a steal.
I have one now and will definitely be buying a few more whether they go on sale or not.
Jketchum

Post by Jketchum »

Yup im a fan, i have all stars, castaways, american rod co... But yet my ML ugly stick lite gets the most use.
hunterlee5587

Post by hunterlee5587 »

I have 2 ugly stick lite spinning rods, one in med., and one in med heavy configuration.

I also have 2 ugly stick lite trigger rods. For the money, they are my favorite rods. Been using the ugly stick in one configuration or the other for several years.
Jedi
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Jedi »

Try the Ugly Stick Inshore Select rods. Great inshore rods for only $50. I can only find them @ Bass Pro Shop.
t100

Post by t100 »

The mettles go on sale at Christmas, and Father's Day. I have one on reserve just in case.
bayroan

Post by bayroan »

Gonna buya mettle to try out and then see if i cant get some more during christmas now that i know they go on sale at that time, and those inshore select rods look pretty good gonna look into gettin one of those as well to try out
SKIFFGUY

Post by SKIFFGUY »

The ugly stick light is a good rod for the money...I just got one myself for the durability factor and you can't beat the price ! 8-)
bayroan

Post by bayroan »

Exactly! Id rather have something i dont have to worry about than somethn expensive