Security

f86sabjf

Security

Post by f86sabjf »

Hi Gang

I'm just wondering what you folks do while on a trip. Meaning if you pull your yaks halfway across the state to a great fishing spot and stay in a hotel how do you lock up your yaks ?
Nano-Skiff
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Security

Post by Nano-Skiff »

Only done that once and when the yaks were not being used, they were in the room with us.
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

We RV. You meet a much better class of people that way..............
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

Hotels and motels are one of the vehicle burglary hotspots. Vehicle burglary is one of our most prevalent crimes, and a huge number of crooks support themselves that way. It's a misdemeanor, and they often get off with little to no jail time. That makes it attractive. When they go out looking, they usually go prepared with the necessary tools to defeat your security systems, whether they be locks, chains, or cables. You can buy locking cables with alarms, tiedown straps with alarms, and rig your vehicles with alarms. But if you park where you can't hear them, they do no good. Nobody pays attention to them any more. Park under lights, try to pick motels with exterior security cameras, and try not to leave anything where it is easily available to a crook. DON'T LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR VEHICLE!!!
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by M T Stringer »

I request a first floor room very close to an exit (good strategy regardless) and park right outside my window. I use cables and locks to secure my kayak(s) to the overhead rack, everything else comes inside the room, regardless of how many trips it takes. There are several door wedge, door handle, and motion alarms on the market that can be purchases for under $20.00 and will go off if your kayak gets moved or jostled. That unexpected hidden alarm should be enough to scare them off to go look for an easier target elsewhere.