Towing a gooseneck trailer

Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Towing a gooseneck trailer

Post by Alsatian »

I like the low end torque of diesels for towing but I don't think VW had this in mind when they put diesels in their cars. I saw this the other day and had to take a picture. The trailer looks about 24' long.
IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG
I thought they were crazy until I saw the license plate. Colorado... were they stoned when they came up with this one?
cogswell

Re: Towing a gooseneck trailer

Post by cogswell »

Alsatian wrote:I like the low end torque of diesels for towing but I don't think VW had this in mind when they put diesels in their cars. I saw this the other day and had to take a picture. The trailer looks about 24' long.
IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG
I thought they were crazy until I saw the license plate. Colorado... were they stoned when they came up with this one?

That is awesome
WLShafor

Post by WLShafor »

Beast mode! Hopefully the owner did some upgrades to the motor and transmission
rockin4m

Post by rockin4m »

Different, things look like they are thinking outside the box in Colorado, maybe legalizing pot had something to do with it???? Single axle 24' trailer. Pretty light weight I guess.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

Man that trailer would cut inside of your tow vehicle way too much during turns. Back in the 60's I saw several roof mount tow assemblies for full size cars and fifth wheel trailers.
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

Here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BNMvBnm14o&feature=kp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wish I could do that with my Forest River 5W and my 2500HD.